vibrating when charging using dash charger

1. Shyam_226
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2017

Shyam_226 , Aug 22, 2017 :
    when the phone is charging using dash charger, it is slightly vibrating on back. vibration stops after I removed charger. Please clarify.

2. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2017

3. akshay.mohol
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2017

Shyam_226 likes this.
  4. G_Soham_shailesh_POqu
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2017

Shyam_226 likes this.
  5. Jayant Chowdhary
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2017

remedy likes this.
  6. Rubenabc
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2017

Rubenabc , Aug 22, 2017 :
    It is caused by electrostatic loading, which is noticeable because the frame is made out of metal.
    Every device with a metal body, (iPads, other smartphones/tables) have this effect.
    Trust me, I'm an engineer.

JoeyBimmel likes this.
  7. remedy
    KitKat Aug 22, 2017

remedy , Aug 22, 2017 :
    Rubbish! It's likely to be due to defective house wiring of the power sockets. This could be dangerous.

8. G_sourav_chakraborty_qZL
    Froyo Aug 22, 2017

9. Rubenabc
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2017

Let's do some research first okay?

Sony officially responded to the same question:
    https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Back-is-vibrating-while-charging/td-p/1166249/page/2

And here some forms where they explain the same thing:
    https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190222-weird-electrical-feeling-on-metal-htcs-when-charging/
    https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-feel-a-slight-vibrating-buzz-when-I-rub-my-hands-over-my-MacBook-Air

And to conclude a quote:
    "The electric charge is enough to stimulate touch receptors in your finger tips giving the sensation of a "rougher" surface. There are different types of sensory receptors in your skin and the information they send to your brain is what gets interpreted as a surface's "texture".
    You won't notice it on most other parts of your body as there is a much lower density of sensory receptors compared with your hands/fingertips and that there is variation in the thickness of skin and it's ability to resist electrical charges.
    Another example is getting a static shock that gives you a brief sensation of pain despite there being no damage to your tissues."

So before calling my reply "Rubbish!" you should do your homework. Have a nice day, and try google the next time.
    Ow and trust me, I am an engineer ;)

10. remedy
    KitKat Aug 22, 2017

remedy , Aug 22, 2017 :
    It's still a dangerous situation that needs the house electrical wiring to be checked for safety reasons. So I still maintain that what you are saying is rubbish.

11. kev51773
    Donut Aug 22, 2017

kev51773 , Aug 22, 2017 :
    Clearly nothing at all to do with house wiring. A well known, well documented phenomenon which has existed on many devices for many years.

Rubenabc likes this.
  12. Rubenabc
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2017

It is not dangerous at all, it is a common phenomenon, happening in devices of almost all manufacturers, Sony, Apple, Samsung, companies of E sigarets, HP, etc. etc.

If you keep spreading the wrong idea that this feeling is a bad thing, a lot of people will start to worry unnecessary.

I am glad to change my point of view if you come up with some data/evidence supporting that it is anything to worry about. But don't bother too much because you won't find it (from a reliable source). Don't be so dense.

To the rest of the users here: The vibrating sensation you get is totally normal, use a grounded socket and charger if you want to avoid it. But it can do no harm to you or your phone.