Vibration on battery saving?

1. Jose_Sammut
    Donut Mar 23, 2018

Jose_Sammut , Mar 23, 2018 :
    Does anyone else's vibration stop working on battery saving? Like if you slide the alert slider on battery saving it won't vibrate?

imago imaginis likes this.
  2. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 23, 2018

Hydra Bob , Mar 23, 2018 :
    That's part of the battery saving. It takes a decent amount of juice to spin the vibration motors so they're trying to save battery that way.

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 23, 2018

McJader and Hydra Bob like this.
  4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Mar 23, 2018

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. Richie Peter
    Froyo Mar 23, 2018

Richie Peter , Mar 23, 2018 :
    Vibration is disabled when Battery Saver is turned on as this helps to further reduce battery consumption

6. imago imaginis
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

imago imaginis , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Same on my new OnePlus 7. I'm trying to get used to the phone but thinking of returning it because of this and other design inconsistencies...
    You cannot override a rather crucial functionality (vibrate) with a less important user choice (saving battery power). Users should not be punished and have the opportunity to choose, moreover since the profile is called (drum roll): "Vibrate".

7. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jun 26, 2019 :
    You absolutely can. And it's a choice. Nobody is forcing you to use battery saving.

McJader likes this.
  8. borft
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2019

borft , Jun 26, 2019 :
    what? why do you use it then? you can actually configure it. Moreover, it's an android feature, not OnePlus....

but I guess if you'd return a phone over this, a smartphone is not for you......

KeepTransisting likes this.
  9. imago imaginis
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

imago imaginis , Jun 28, 2019 :
    Well, maybe it's for you then

10. imago imaginis
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

imago imaginis , Jun 28, 2019 :
    It's a choice indeed. But using it is overriding a feature that is more important, given that it has a dedicated button for it and a very relevant use case attached to it: not missing notifications. Other Android phones and the iPhone managed to harmonize that. Or to give users the power to customize what gets disabled when battery saving.

11. borft
    Jelly Bean Jun 28, 2019

borft , Jun 28, 2019 :
    you can actually choose.... did you not read any of the posts here?

12. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jun 28, 2019

borft likes this.
  13. milindchauhan95
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2021

milindchauhan95 , Mar 5, 2021 :
    Are you saying that you can choose whether vibration gets disabled in battery saver mode or not?

14. milindchauhan95
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2021

milindchauhan95 , Mar 5, 2021 :
    For anyone who's trying to have vibrations along with battery saver mode, I came across this simple solution on reddit that works for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/c7c687/vibrate_on_and_battery_saver/

you literally just have to install an app and it works. Surprising but yeah.

Also, there is this another solution which you might want to look into but I haven't tried it and I don't know if it still holds for the latest versions of android.

https://www.xda-developers.com/customize-battery-saver-mode-android-8-0/