Vibration Only in Beta 8 (Nougat)

1. ezrark
    Eclair Dec 6, 2016

ezrark , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Has anyone found a quick way to enable vibration only and still be able to have a completely silent setting? I know I can use the slider in the silent mode settings, but that's not quick enough, because I also need it completely silent without vibration mode sometimes. Has anyone found a way to do it? I have Tasker, so maybe there's something there that can happen?

NOTE: This is also an issue in beta 7, so if you have a solution in 7, it probably works in 8.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

G_Felix_Hoffmann_MIne likes this.
  2. Eshan_Anand
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2016

3. ezrark
    Eclair Dec 6, 2016

ezrark , Dec 6, 2016 :
    I need to be able to do it as quickly as I would with something in quick settings or the slider. I used to be able to do it before I went on the CBs, and it was super easy on my M8 too.

4. tmimaesk
    Eclair Dec 6, 2016

Attached Files:

ezrark likes this.
  5. G_Felix_Hoffmann_MIne
    Eclair Jun 16, 2017

G_Felix_Hoffmann_MIne , Jun 16, 2017 :
    It used to be working just fine, you were able to use the volume rocker to decrease volume all the Way down to vibration mode until stupid OP figured it necessary to actively remove that feature and annoy the user and force the user to make use of the alert slider (which does not have the same functionality at all since its either full mute and ringtone OR vibration and ringtone switching.. You can not change between full mute, vibration and ringtone as easy anymore which is a huge annoyance but they ignore that issue because they are afraid of spoiling their holy alert sliders right to exist which in fact is a completely wrong thinking because it would actually just add the benefit of changing the lower position to be either vibration or ringtone and leave you the option to always change to full mute from either of this setting without even looking which is super useful when at work.. Gosh I miss that feature and hate the OP for not addressing this and even consider it a feature rather than a bug what it definitely is and feels like