Camera Video Cropped

1. Centaurus
    Froyo Feb 14, 2017

Centaurus , Feb 14, 2017 :
    When recording video, the recorded doesn’t match what appeared on screen – it’s cropped a lot. (already a problem on Oxygen 3.x). A staff member already replied that it was necessary due to stabilization process; if it's true there should be a line /frame on the screen to allow a correct idea of the final result.

* Please do improve the camera software. It does not use all the camera potential.

michoo87 and kobleznbitz like this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 14, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Feb 14, 2017 :
    What a radical thought it would have been, to continue that conversation in the same place instead of creating a new thread with zero background or context.

Maybe we should have lines around the forum rules to allow a correct idea of what should be allowed as a thread.

3. Centaurus
    Froyo Feb 14, 2017

Centaurus , Feb 14, 2017 :
    You're right, but It wasn't possible to answer on the other thread - closed...
    If it's really so wrong, I'll delete it.

4. weslowsk
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017

weslowsk , Apr 29, 2017 :
    I noticed on mine that I was getting unexpected cropping on video...what I was seeing on the screen when I was recording wasn't what the output video had...rather, it was being cropped 10-20% around all the edges.
    I tried changing the recording quality from the default (1080p) to 4K and the problem went away...now what I see on the screen is exactly what the output video looks like. Also, when I changed the quality to 720p, the cropping was worse than at 1080p. It seems the video quality is responsible for the cropping?
    Is this the same problem that you have or it is different?
    I'd like to choose to be able to record what quality I record in but if I don't know if what I'm recording will be cropped out or not, I will have to be forced to record in 4K.

5. Fiyero81
    Cupcake May 4, 2017

Fiyero81 , May 4, 2017 :
    I have the same problem with the selfie cam. Despite of that when I upload the videos to facebook or youtube the sound and image aren't synchronously.