[Video] DAYJOY aluminum bumper unboxing and hands on

1. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2014

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014

jaesun, Holzmichl and Amar_Cool like this.
  2. royiel
    Eclair Jul 31, 2014

3. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2014

K.P. Smith , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Hey @royiel I haven't done a side by side comparison, which I can and will do. What I can say though, and this is purely anecdotal, I haven't noticed any signal degradation with the bumper on. The DAYJOY aluminum case though I wouldn't ever touch because that's basically the equivalent of putting your phone into a faraday cage.

royiel likes this.
  4. theodrin
    Eclair Aug 1, 2014

5. givemeyoursoul
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

givemeyoursoul , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Where to do connect the ground to this Faraday cage?

6. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Yep. Silver, red (it's like pink-ish), pink, blue, black, gold.
    I'm not sure what you mean.

7. givemeyoursoul
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

givemeyoursoul , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I was making a joke. I know the aluminum case messes up signal, but to make an actual faraday cage work the intercepted signals have to go some where. They are connected to ground/earth/negative terminal, whatever you want to call it. Its an example of equipotential bonding, every point in the cage shares the same voltage potential, and thus blocks all signals.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  8. omarvel0us
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

9. colts5609

colts5609 , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Do you think an aluminum bumper provides any adequate protection, or is it purely for cosmetic reasons? Other than adding unnecessary bulk and protecting the sides, I don't see the purpose.

Sard0nyx and K.P. Smith like this.
  10. blee912
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

blee912 , Aug 1, 2014 :
    It provides protection for the edges of the phone and slight protection for the screen. I have a bumper myself and a temper glass for my screen so I think that's enough protection for my phone. I went this route because I plan to get a bamboo swapstyle cover and I want to show off the cover instead of hiding it behind a protective cover.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  11. CharlieCheetah
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

CharlieCheetah , Sep 16, 2014 :
    I bought one and had problems with GPS. Phone was loosing signal, couldn't fix location for a long time, etc. I don't recommend.

12. rmhq
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2014

rmhq , Sep 24, 2014 :
    For me it's purely for the look. It feels abit more exclusive to. If you drop it or something it will not help at all. But if you want to put your phone away with the glas down, this will help.