[Video] Desktop charging dock for the OnePlus One

1. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2014

K.P. Smith , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Hey Everyone-

Hope you all have been enjoying the videos. This video takes a look at a generic desktop charging dock made for the HTC One M8 but happens to work perfectly with the OnePlus One.

For additional OnePlus and technology videos, check out my YouTube channel. Enjoy!

If you like my videos please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel and sharing them with other like minded tech-geeks!

EDIT - There is a use for the USB port on the back of the dock. It can be used to charge a secondary device such as a bluetooth headset or a tablet while your phone is being charged in the cradle.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

2. slava 1982
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

bestlands and K.P. Smith like this.
  3. aliplus
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  4. Albirew
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

Albirew , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review, if the phone is plugged to PC through the dock, does it charge only or can also be used to transfer data? (real question since some manufacturers does not put data wire) Same question with the usb port backside. Thanks.

5. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2014

K.P. Smith , Aug 28, 2014 :
    Hey sorry about the delay. Not ignoring you, I've just been pretty busy lately. When I have a few minutes I'll check this out and let you know. Thanks for watching.

6. Salty Wagyu
    Froyo Aug 29, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  7. Albirew
    Eclair Sep 4, 2014

Albirew , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Well, less than 24h is not what I could call ignoring ^_^; Either way, I also don't check forums everyday so my answers can be delayed too =]

Depends on the charger you put at the end, I'd say...

K.P. Smith likes this.
  8. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Sep 4, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  9. Uniquex
    Froyo Sep 9, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  10. Iseek1
    KitKat Sep 9, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  11. ynnek63
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2014

ynnek63 , Sep 26, 2014 :
    I believe the larger USB port is to be used to charge a second device with the 3" USB cable.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  12. deejay01
    KitKat Sep 26, 2014

deejay01 , Sep 26, 2014 :
    Cool, thanks man!!!

That missing word on the box and short USB cable are funny.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  13. ynnek63
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  14. Psipharion
    Donut Oct 2, 2014

Psipharion , Oct 2, 2014 :
    I just got this dock but the plug is backwards.. the OPO has to sit in facing away to charge... they must have recently changed the way the plug sits... disappointing.

15. nelson1989
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

16. Albirew
    Eclair Oct 2, 2014

Albirew , Oct 2, 2014 :
    got the dock yesterday using ali express, plug is not backward so maybe they made a mistake with your order....

And to answer myself, I can use PC<->phone data with the dock, it's working nicely =]

K.P. Smith likes this.
  17. leemartin
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  18. frankiecortina
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2014

frankiecortina , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Your so geeky dude. But that makes the videos more authentic :p . liking your bids bro ! ( also you really got me with mouse and keyboard thing ) hilarious

K.P. Smith likes this.
  19. shaunsteig
    Eclair Oct 6, 2014

shaunsteig , Oct 6, 2014 :
    Purchased one of these Smays stands for the M8. It does hold the OPO fine with the USB plug oriented correctly. But I do have one significant concern. It seems to me that the OPO makes very little contact, if any, with the holder aside from the microUSB plug. What I mean is -- the bottom edge of the OPO has a slight curvature, but the holder's bottom is flat. So its weight is entirely on the microUSB plug. And since the holder's back is so shallow, I don't perceive any part of the OPO to make contact there either. Should I be concerned that the OPO's USB port might bend or get damaged from bearing the weight of the phone like this?

pratham007 likes this.
  20. rsaz904
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2014

rsaz904 , Oct 28, 2014 :

I have the dock and feel the same way. I'm not sure I want to keep using it. I have a case for my phone so I needed to remove the insert to get it to fit. However, the phone is bascially fully supported by the USB port. Seems way to risky for continued use, it works, but I'm afraid I will end up with a busted port eventually.