[Video] Orzly bumper fusion case for the OnePlus One

1. bvandemoll
    Froyo Dec 20, 2014

bvandemoll , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Nice review. In the video I can still see the chrome bezel of the OPO at the top and bottom, I don't really like that. Is it a fitment issue, does it go away? Or is the case designed that way to show the chrome bezel?

Tricia24 and K.P. Smith like this.
  2. craigos
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2014

craigos , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing. I use the Dztronic black case. Just saved me yesterday. Had the OPO in my shirt pocket. Bent to pick something up and it fell onto the concrete. Not a scratch. Also have the Orzly tempered glass screen protector.

Axara, homey and K.P. Smith like this.
  3. Nisarg M
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

Nisarg M , Dec 20, 2014 :
    @K.P. Smith
    Hey, I had ordered this case specifically for the StyleSwap, but read in the video review that it won't fit StyleSwap well. So, what would you recommend as a case for the StyleSwap Bamboo? IMAK clear case or something else?
    Thanks!

K.P. Smith likes this.
  4. deejay01
    KitKat Dec 20, 2014

deejay01 , Dec 20, 2014 :
    I have the bamboo cover and IMAK. Doesn't fit. The bamboo being slightly thicker - not sure what will fit. I even tried a friend's aluminum bumper, and a no go.

Not really wanting to cover it though, and being extra careful. Clear case or bumper would be what you want, but I don't think any will work.

And, forgot I ordered this Orzly case back on December 4th, lol. Shipped, but delivery estimate Jan. 2 - Jan. 15. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  5. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Dec 20, 2014

ChrisTerp , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Thanks KP for the video. Looks like I may get this one; my only drawback is the case cover lip over the screen doesn't look too high or as high as my Tudia Ultra Slim LITE. However, this looks good for a change in style every so often case for my 1+.

Enjoy your weekend.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  6. LibbyXCX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2014

LibbyXCX , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Hm... Although i just ordered 7 other cases, I might just have to order this as well.

K.P. Smith likes this.
  7. Anton.net
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2014

Anton.net , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Thanks for the great review, I have a few questions.
    -Does the red look good? Many red cases have this tomato color, not good at all...
    -Doesn't the plastic back give a cheap feeling?
    -Will the back scratch easily?
    -Will there be dust and dirt behind the transparant back after a time?

I want to order this one or the diztronic case
    thanks for your help :)

Axara and K.P. Smith like this.
  8. Nisarg M
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

9. Nisarg M
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

Nisarg M , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Thanks for letting me know! Was gonna order imak. Any idea if ringke fusion will fit?

deejay01 and K.P. Smith like this.
  10. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Dec 20, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  11. J.Pinkman
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  12. freshsaint12
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2014

K.P. Smith likes this.
  13. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2014

K.P. Smith , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Hey thanks for watching. The case is designed to show those. That part is definitely not a fitment issue because if so, they are way off! lmfao :D It only shows on the top and bottom as you noted, not the sides. And the part that's visible is the indented area that tends to collect dust. Hope that helps.
    The rules for keeping your phone safe:
    1) don't put it in your front pocket. That's literally a luge for your cell phone to go flying when you bend over.
    2) don't set your cell phone on the roof of your car while getting in your vehicle. You will someday forget, it will fall in the road and break.
    3) don't set your cell phone on your lap while seated. You will forget about it, you will get out of your car and send it skidding across a parking lot.

Legal: These rules are trademark of K.P. Smith, any use or publication must provide appropriate credit and link back to my YouTube channel :p
    Unfortunately this doesn't fit properly on the bamboo back. It fits over it but it's stretched so it's creaking and squishy and just not right. What a silly problem to have isn't it? I can also tell you the IMAK doesn't fit. However I can say with 100% confidence the smoke and clear Ringke Fusion cases do fit on the bamboo back.
    See my comment above about which cases that i know for a fact fit the bamboo back. It might be less than ideal but if you want to protect your baby with the bamboo back, your options are limited unfortunately.

Don't worry about the orzly shipping date, mine was the same as yours and it came yesterday so I'm sure yours will arrive very soon.
    It's definitely on the smaller side as far as lips go but I personally like that. Too high or strong of a lip can impact your ability to use the edges of the screen. The lip on this case is actually thinner than a dime, I'd guess in the 1 mm range.
    Cheers and thanks!
    7 cases?!?!?!?! Holy crap! Good for you. I enjoy having a variety of cases so i can relate! Have fun checking out all those cases when they arrive.
    Hey thanks for watching. The answers, to the best of my knowledge, are below in order of asked:
    - The red is a little darker or more (I'm going to make up a word) "redder" looking than the diztronic TPU which kind of looks like tomato soup. Kind of a creamy red. I'll try to post some pics to hopefully demonstrate the differences in red cases.
    - Back does not feel cheap to me at all.
    - Sure it'll eventually scratch as any plastic would. This is an unavoidable. Spigen plastic tends to defend scratches better than most of the other brands i've used. I will say that this does not seem like it will hold up as long as spigen, but better than an IMAK.
    - Sure, happens with every signle fusion case I've ever owned (which is like 15 from 5 different brands). Any case you own let's dust in. The thing is fusion cases typically have clear PC backs so you can see the dust. Don't want to see dust, I'd avoid any case with a clear component.
    Hope that helps.

14. Nisarg M
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2014

deejay01 likes this.
  15. deejay01
    KitKat Dec 22, 2014

16. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2014

K.P. Smith , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Really?!?! What color? When you put it on the bamboo back the sides of the case don't squeek and not fit right?

17. Nisarg M
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2014

Nisarg M , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Got the black! Have it on for about 3 hours now and no squeaks yet! Though I have a Ringke Fusion ordered in case this misbehaves. But for now, I like it. :D

18. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2014

19. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Very odd. My red case the sides were squishy and not properly fitting at all when i put it on the bamboo back. They would slide and make and almost squeeky sound while rubbing against the side of the back because it was stretching to fit over it so it was stretching out of it's normal shape.

I'm going to order the rest of the colors so hopefully one would fit the bamboo back for me.

20. Majinferno

Majinferno , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Going with the blue bumper case along with a white carbon fiber skin.
    Thanks for the video man. Been a subscriber for quite some time.

K.P. Smith likes this.