[Video] Unboxing the Asus ZenWatch

1. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

K.P. Smith , Nov 21, 2014 :
    hmmmmmm man-o-man that's a loaded question. Rather than give you my opinion, which only works for me, I'll provide some rationale at how i arrive at the answer of whats best for me.

Round - vs - Square: When this debate first started I'm was one of those round watch people. I had never had a square watch and well .. it simply didnt make sense to imagine one. Then i got the OG pebble, followed by the steel, followed by the G watch, and now this. See a pattern? They are all square. I can tell you that after i got over my own issues with square watches i realized ... i really like square watches o_O

Plastic - vs - Metal (body): I personally cannot own a watch that's plastic. I can't do it. I like my watches to have metal bodies.

Straps: I like my watches to have non-proprietary strap connectors and standard strap sizes so i can decide which strap works for me and swap them out with relative ease. I don't want specialized tools or secret decoders to swap bands. I have spring bar tools. I know how to adjust watches.

As you can see a lot of my thoughts and concerns are around my own personal preferences. This is why I dont want to say "watch B is the best" because that might not be the best for you. For me, of the watches you listed, I'd probably lean towards the ZenWatch (great build, great price) first. Then I'd lean towards the moto.

Hope that helps!

2. kevinwen
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2014

kevinwen , Dec 28, 2014 :
    Be frankly, Asus as a brand is something i do not like. Whatever they release, they just like to make money out of it and rarely update it to embrace new functionality, instead they will release new version..

ronoldo likes this.
  3. LMH98
    Honeycomb Dec 28, 2014

LMH98 , Dec 28, 2014 :
    Looks very nice. Do you suggest this over the Moto 360 and the G Watch R?

ronoldo likes this.
  4. Edbit33
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  5. manmeetmanak
    Froyo Dec 29, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  6. ronoldo
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

manmeetmanak likes this.