Network/Connectivity Vo(LTE/Wifi) Not working on OP5 after Android 10 update

1. shangothrax
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

shangothrax , May 30, 2020 :
    Hi all,

Once I updated to Android 10, I noticed my phone calls sounded like I was talking to a chipmunk on the other end. I've disabled both options for now (so call quality is much lower than I'd like, but at least I can hear the other person). Is there a known fix for this? I was considering a factory reset, but there's no guarantee that'll fix it.

For the record, I was a bit impatient waiting for the OTA update, and sideloaded the update. So, because of that, I think that a factory reset might just fix it, but that's a bit of effort to get things up and back to where I was, so it's a last resort.

Oh, and I'm on T-Mobile in the US...

Last edited: May 30, 2020

2. kumaraswamy.t
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

3. Chaoskent
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

Chaoskent , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I have the same exact problem after updating to Android 10, and I'm also on T-Mobile. The other person sounds like high pitch garbled noise with volte on. I noticed that the call screen says "HD+" whenever this problem occurs. Very rarely, after repeatedly recalling, the call will sound normal and the call screen will say "HD" instead. Factory resetting did not fix the issue.

I went back to Android 9. My phone calls are back to normal with volte on. The call screen always displays "HD".

This "HD+" seems to be the problem, but I don't know what it is and how to fix it.

4. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

Beast✓ , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Don't create redundant thread. Post in main thread and also report the bug.

And i guess you already knew the bugs present in the stable build, so now live with it till next update comes out.

5. rachitmasalia
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2020

rachitmasalia , Jun 14, 2020 :
    After new update of Android 10 network issues have started. No internet connection while on call. suddenly network bars goes to zero from full. While starting hotspot network gets disconnected.

at first i thought it was network / sim related issue but i have tried sane sim in other phone and it works fine. also other mobiles with same service provider in my house are not facing any issues.

6. G_akshay_kumawat_moWm
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2020

7. A1526978277844
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2020

A1526978277844 , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 14, 2020 :
    kindly do a update on this to take care of this stupidity which we thought might upgrade our phone but it behaves abnormally different. is there a quick fix for this.
    whether factory reset can resolve this issue.