Voice Breaking/Robotic Voice issue

1. Nik8
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2015

Nik8 , Mar 17, 2015 :
    I just started getting this distorted voice problem, I've just disable OK Google voice search and the problem seems to have gone away - I've also disables AudioFX

One thing I noticed was that switching to speakerphone and then back again fixed the problem (for a bit!). It's a software issue right?

SurinderSingh likes this.
  2. heartprincebiki
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2015

3. kbalthom
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2015

kbalthom , Mar 18, 2015 :
    I am recenty having a problem with touch screen issue and self-shutdown on my opo latest os update . Is it a software or hardware problem?
    Ps: this occure after i restore stock cm11s via twpr from previos madhi rom.

4. coolprakhar91
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2015

coolprakhar91 , Mar 19, 2015 :
    I called the customer care n she told me that it's a software bug n it'll go away after factory reset.
    I did that n it worked fine for me.

SurinderSingh and bombadier like this.
  5. SurinderSingh
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2015

SurinderSingh , Mar 19, 2015 :
    ok

6. santushri
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2015

santushri , Mar 20, 2015 :
    Hello.. I am using OPO since six months and had no issues... Now most of my friends complain that they hear distortion or noise and my voice breaks... I am able to hear them clearly

7. SurinderSingh
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2015

SurinderSingh , Mar 20, 2015 :
    my issue is very same, but I face it sometimes.
    not me but the other person to whome I m talking faces the issue, but I can hear them clearly.

8. PrmjtS
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2015

PrmjtS , Mar 25, 2015 :
    I'm having exactly the same problem... the incoming calls is causing this problem where the caller is not able to hear me and i can hear them very clearly. I am with AirtelIndia

9. deepakdebatirtha
    Cupcake May 13, 2015

deepakdebatirtha , May 13, 2015 :
    Hi everyone even I am facing the same issue from the very first day. I checked all options like factory reset. Upgrade to CM12 nothing helped. I called support and they said its software issue and said to factory reset. Didn't help. Then as per support suggestion I went to service Center in Bangalore. Engineer said after upgrading to new OS issue will go. So I listened to him and he updated to oxygen OS and am still having the issue.
    I have swap the phone with my friend and there is no issue when I call other party is able to listen. Now the situation is I have to enable speaker every time or use Bluetooth or wired headset which is a pain. I own nexus 4 and that still works like charm. If anyone has any solution please do share with me.

10. kris schoof
    Cupcake May 13, 2015

kris schoof , May 13, 2015 :
    I've had the same problem after a few app-updates in the Google playstore. I wasn't sure which app caused the problem so I removed all recent updates of apps and my voice sounded normal after restarting my phone. The google search app was one of them and I suspect this app. After restarting i updated all apps again but the problem didn't came back.

11. Yashtej
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2015

Yashtej , Sep 18, 2015 :
    How can we disable OK Google

12. tudhaya98
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2015

tudhaya98 , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Bro .. I also met with the same problem when I update my OPO to cm 12.1.
    I tried disabling audio FX and "OK Google" Voice detection.. And it Worked for me...

13. Moizabdul18
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2015

Moizabdul18 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I'm having same issue in with airtel as well. Hyderabad. You found any solution?

14. Moizabdul18
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2015

Moizabdul18 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    You found any solution? I am from hyderabad, with airtel India

15. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 10, 2015

jstepa , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Try to disable "OK Google":

Laucher (apps button)
    Google Settings
    Search & Now
    Voice
    'OK Google' detection
    Disable 'from any screen'
    Save and reboot the phone.

This has helped a lots of users for voice breaking/robotic voice issue.

16. deveshguptajhs
    Eclair Oct 14, 2015

deveshguptajhs , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Yeah. I've disabled 'Google Voice typing' and 'Ók Google'.... No issues since then. However, i don't like this workaround as i love using ok google. :(

17. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2015

jonathanlyng , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Can't believe no one posted the solution to OP!
    OK google is a funtonnality you cannot settle on loosing on an Android phone so keep it!

you need root:
    edit built.prop file in /system

replace:
    ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
    persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

with:
    #ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
    persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
    persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
    persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

save and reboot.

redo that after every android update.

x0101222 likes this.
  18. x0101222
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2015

x0101222 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Hi jonathanlyng, many thanks for you help.

jonathanlyng in a No root device is there a chance to build a patch that we may apply as a software update?

My device is not rooted and I am just stressing because of this failure. I work with the device in a professional way and calling is almost 75% of my day work.

In the begging the device was working ok, and with out any reason,3 weeks ago I just start to have this problem.

I will cancel OK Google and start to uninstall all the google apps that may be related with this function in order to have my OP 1 back again.

BR

Rui

19. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2015

jonathanlyng , Oct 16, 2015 :
    I am sorry for the late answer: it is impossible without root as root is needed to modify replace this file, you are correct in saying the only solution on a stock ROM would be to apply a software update, but on an locked bootloader with a stock rom, the software update could only be given by cyngen.inc or oneplus.

x0101222 likes this.
  20. Adikovec
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2015

Adikovec , Oct 17, 2015 :
    If your problem still presist : Download build.prop editor.
    Search for "fluence". When found, change "fluence" to "false". Reboot.