VOICE RECORDING GONE WRONG‼️ via OnePlus Nord

1. AbhiRamnaiR
    Eclair Sep 18, 2021

AbhiRamnaiR , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 18, 2021 :
    So I was on a phone with someone the other day and things were going smooth until I pressed the FREAKIN RECORD BUTTON coz I wanted to record the conversation!! And I regret it big time!

The person on the other side heard the voice from my phone assistant, saying" the call is being recorded" 🤦 WHY IS IT LIKE THAT?????
    The person on the other side is not supposed to know that the call is being recorded. This is total bulls*** ❌ was really embarassing and I was totally helpless.

Is it only with OnePlus Nord or all the OnePlus phones out there?

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 18, 2021

camohan , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Hi there, all OnePIus phones beginning OnePlus Nord, OnePlus 8T and all latest OnePlus devices have Google communications suite which has this call recording notification.

The intention of the call recording notification is precisely to provide the information to other person about the privacy.

If the call recording is a legitimate business requirement, then one can politely tell the other person about the call recording notification.

If the call recording is not a legitimate requirement, then there's nothing more to say.

Cheers.

3. W1619608850657 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Maybe you are not aware that recording another person's voice without their knowledge is illegal.
    You may have heard that such recordings are inadmissable as evidence in court...precisely because it's illegal to record another's voice without their consent.
    You are cracking me up dude!

McJader likes this.
  4. AbhiRamnaiR
    Eclair Sep 19, 2021

AbhiRamnaiR , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Well, I don't know about the illegal thing and what you've written here but I tried it with other phone, OnePlus 7T pro and it does not say anything. No sound nothing. It just records the call.

5. AbhiRamnaiR
    Eclair Sep 19, 2021

AbhiRamnaiR , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 19, 2021 :
    You can't tell the other person every single time that you're recording the call. Can't be too polite. Just noticed that the call recording notification doesn't come while recording in other phone like OnePlus 7T pro. If it's a matter of privacy it has to come in all the phones.

6. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 19, 2021

camohan , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Like I said in my earlier post, devices starting from Nord and 8T has Google communication suite. Older devices have stock dialer app.

Tobikage and McJader like this.
  7. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 19, 2021

camohan , Sep 19, 2021 :
    There is no harm in being polite, plus if it is legitimate requirement of business then what's the harm.

But I understand your situation, not everyone cares about legitimacy.

Tobikage likes this.
  8. W1619608850657
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2021

W1619608850657 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    There are definitely protections in the US when it comes to recording private conversations. This is why when in business a person calls you they inform you that your voice is recorded. It's good to be aware of these things and also to inform people if you are recording.