VOIP SIP Softphones cannot connect on 5T

1. SeanDevoy
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

SeanDevoy , Aug 8, 2019 :
    VOIP/SIP Softphone software will not work on a One+ 5T. I have tried a few including Bria Mobile and Zoiper. Those both work on the same WIFI with the same account using other devices.

I have done a packet capture at the server. The One+ 5T sends an auth packet, which is refused (by design) and the refusal packet includes a NONCE for a re-auth. That failure packet is not processed by the softphone, so no re-auth is sent. The softphone applications report this as a TIMEOUT.

This problem is specific to my 5T. I have tried this same software on a Samsung Tablet and Samsung Galaxy Note5 on the same WIFI and it works fine.

Every time I have seen this problem on other VOIP devices it has been a NAT translation issue.

I reported this to One+ on chat and they asked me to document it here.

Does anyone know of a SIP SoftPhone that works ON a ONE+ 5T (not other models).

Thanks,
    Sean

blakangel and asfyra like this.
  2. asfyra
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2019

asfyra , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Same thing here one+ 7 pro.
    I can connect to asterisk with acrobits softphone, but I can not receive incoming calls after 10-15 mins if i put the phone off

3. asfyra
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

4. blakangel
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

blakangel , Nov 5, 2019 :
    I have the same problem after the last update (I think the last update, because I had no probs with VoIP before) to my Oneplus5T. I've also taken packet traces on my home network and the Asterisk server side. The phone is sending an ICMP Port unreachable packet in response to the Asterisk servers auth request.

If I turn off Wifi and use LTE, my VoIP SIP client apps register immediately. I have tested this with a custom VoIP app from my employer and Linphone.