VoLTE in Slovakia is available

1. martinmusko Eclair Jan 10, 2019

2. G_Tomáš_kacvinský_SEe Froyo Jan 11, 2019

3. tadeas.bucha Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

tadeas.bucha, Jan 11, 2019 :
    I'd like to know as well whether it is allowed/enabled on OP5. I have the option enabled in settings, and they said in Orange that if the manufacturer has it allowed for this region they are not blocking it.

4. danouk Donut Jan 11, 2019

danouk, Jan 11, 2019 :
    dial *#800# select OnePlus logkit, then function switch. Enable VoLTE and reboot. You will then have a toggle switch on/off under sim and network

5. mind_never Froyo Jan 11, 2019

mind_never, Jan 11, 2019 :
    That is only one part of the trick. If the phone is on a profile (e.g. Oversea-Commercial_DS) that prevents it from connecting/registering with the carrier's IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), or if the carrier has brand/model restrictions in place, then you can toggle all the switches there are but not actually get VoLTE/VoWiFi/VT unless the respective logo shows in the top bar.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/volte-vowifi-disabled-in-the-phone.981922/#post-19800049

___

IMS is sort of what APN has been for previous GSM generations

http://www.3glteinfo.com/ims-volte-architecture/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

6. atec Donut Jan 13, 2019

atec, Jan 13, 2019 :
    That's right. But there is a quite simple workaround to enable VoLTE for Orange SK and 4ka:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542
    or
    https://android-hubo.de/thread/8203...volte-vilte-vowifi-freischalten-de-ohne-root/

It worked for my OP6T, sadly, VoWi-Fi doesn't work.

volte_sk.jpg

martinmusko and Sargo like this.
  7. Sargo Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2019

Sargo, Jan 13, 2019 :
    I had the same experience - I was able to force volte and vowifi to turn on but when phone tries to connect vowifi the call goes to voicemail

8. mind_never Froyo Jan 13, 2019

mind_never, Jan 13, 2019 :
    None of it is simple nor native. Why shoudl the user be forced to jump through any of such hoops to get it enabled, nothwithstanding even with their most recent model series?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

atec likes this.
  9. atec Donut Jan 13, 2019

atec, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Well, it depends on the point of view. In my opinion, this procedure is far-far less complicated than many other really challenging and complicated tweaks used for non-standard Android manipulations.

However, I cannot disagree with you. Manufacturers and operators ignore the needs and demands of their customers very often.
    In this case (after enabling VoLTE/VoWi-Fi for all devices with proper manufacturer settings by 2 of 4 Slovak operators) the blame falls on OnePlus for blocking/not-allowing these services in our region.

A small note regarding Orange SK VoWi-Fi:
    Activation may be needed. Despite of confirmation of activation from Orange, VoWi-Fi doesn't work with my SIM even if inserted into Orange-certified device. I will discuss this with Orange again.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

mind_never likes this.
  10. Max-SK Gingerbread Jan 14, 2019

Max-SK, Jan 14, 2019 :
    Hmm on mine simcard is all activated and in supported phone (samsung) all is working. Activation is automatic, i imserted sim to samsung and after i returned it to op, it not worked. I called hotline and they told me that volte was activated that day at 17:50. It was time when i started samsung with my sim

11. Max-SK Gingerbread Jan 14, 2019

martinmusko likes this.
  12. martinmusko Eclair Jan 16, 2019

13. Max-SK Gingerbread Jan 17, 2019

Attached Files:

martinmusko likes this.
  14. mind_never Froyo Jan 17, 2019

mind_never, Jan 17, 2019 :
    Bon chance with the waiting... The chat reads like today's typical support deflection to get rid of noisy customers. But for your sake I sincerely hope to be wrong about that impression.

15. Max-SK Gingerbread Jan 17, 2019

16. atec Donut Jan 21, 2019

atec, Jan 21, 2019 :
    Right. Tech support answered me in a similar vein. Well, there's only one way how can I 'appreciate' this kind of attitude... [e]1f609[/e]

Max-SK likes this.