VoLTE in UAE for etisalat & du

1. barqawi.alaa
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

barqawi.alaa , Nov 21, 2019 :
    hello everyone,

this is my second OnePlus phone, I had the OnePlus 6t and now the 7t McLaren edition. both are just extra ordinary phones, however the only downside to it is the VoLTE where OnePlus and the carriers in UAE are not in any partnership which unfortunately leaves OnePlus users in UAE without VoLTE.
    I tried several ways to do activate it but with no success.

downloaded the Qualcomm software and changed the settings in the advanced PDC yet nothing happened.

used *#800# and activated the VoLTE and it only activated the toggle button but it is not activated.

I checked in *#*#4636#*#* and went to IMS info and I have nothing activated (as seen in the attachment)

which brings me back to my first point why OnePlus is not partnering with UAE carriers even though they have an office in Dubai and service centers, it should be one of the things which OnePlus Dubai region should look more into.

if anyone is facing the same issue or managed to fix it, I would appreciate your help, or just put down your comments or experience with this issue

Cheers,

P.S. again OnePlus is just the best despite the VoLTE
    1574361060483.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

mabushrikh likes this.
  2. mabushrikh
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

3. barqawi.alaa
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

barqawi.alaa , Dec 15, 2019 :
    yeah I wish I could find a solution, I have grown fedup from all the trials I did, even when I had before that my OnePlus 6T I was going crazy to try and manage to do it but with no success at all.

I ended up believing it is all in the hands of the ISP to allow VoLTE for OnePlus devices, because OPPO, Redmi and Xiaomi have VoLTE on their flagship devices with Etisalat. so this means OnePlus should make a deal with Etisalat and DU.

so hopefully one day they will.

4. mabushrikh
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

5. mnshaikh
    Froyo Dec 25, 2019

mnshaikh , Dec 25, 2019 :
    I don't think VoLTE will be available from the carriers in UAE as voice calling would be of no use as only data will be used.

So the mobile manufacturers have nothing to do with the carriers, nor can the cut a deal with them. We will get VoLTE only when Du and Etisalat wants to.

6. barqawi.alaa
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2019

barqawi.alaa , Dec 27, 2019 :
    realme phone is listed in etisalat and I'm sure OnePlus is by far much more famous and recognized in UAE so I believe it has something to do with the manufacturer.
    I'm talking in terms of the manufacturer collaborating or working closely with the ISP to have it work.
    I have friends who work in Samsung and this is how Samsung got VoLTE working in UAE. it is just my thoughts, end of the day this is a technology that has been there for a while and it is about time for it to be accessable to all phones that existed at least the past 2 to 3 years.

7. Vinoth Geo
    Eclair Feb 16, 2020 at 7:18 PM

Vinoth Geo , Feb 16, 2020 at 7:18 PM :
    I am facing problem while I make or receive voice calls and I can hear properly but receiver can't get my voice it is working fine with du
    I am using etisalat if I manually select the network to 4g I'll work but not with lte when I make call it automatically changes to wcdma so any options for enable volte
    and anyone have the same problem please reply so it may be highlighted