Network/Connectivity VoLTE issue for Airtel Mumbai Network

1. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Hi,

I just had a social media interaction with One Plus official twitter handle and inquired few days back if One Plus 5 supports VoLTE for Airtel network which is active in Mumbai region, One user of One Plus responded to my query to One Plus official and One Plus responded positively confirming One Plus 5 does support VoLTE for Airtel network, also as a double check i contacted One Plus website live chat and even there i was confirmed of the same, based on which i made a purchase of a new handset which is the 8GB Ram, 128 GB ROM variant. Today upon breaking the seal off and inserting the Airtel sim, I am getting only a 4G network, tried getting settings from Airtel but yet it will not work, upon switching on the handset the OTA pushed the latest update too, so nothing left to choice.

The point is, just to sell 1 more device I was misguided and cheated by One plus via Twitter handle and the online live chat, now i am in a fix as to this expensive handset is nothing but a piece of brick for me, as i already have 2 handsets which support airtel VoLTE.

One last piece of advice to One Plus.... Please donot misguide, cheat new customers, this was my first ever one plus purchase and it was totally disgusting,annoying and disheartening , Indians are no more vulnerable to such tactics, This aint China please..........This incident will now be all over social media so as to no other buyer is cheated,misguided and looted by One Plus 5

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 10, 2017

Tobikage , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Did your phone stop working the minute you found out it does not support Airtel VoLTE yet ?

remedy likes this.
  3. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    No, It hasnt stopped working or anything, the issue is i purchased the phone as i wanted to use my VoLTE sim card which gives exceptional data speeds and voice clarity compared to a 4G connection, since my earlier handset wasnt a 4G so i decided on buying One Plus 5 after confirming with the company and not any vendor... So the phone is working but back in the box as it came from the store.

4. remedy
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

remedy , Oct 10, 2017 :
    So it works on AirTel but it's just that VoLTE has not been switched on in Settings?

5. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 10, 2017

Tobikage , Oct 10, 2017 :
    And how many of the people except for Jio users you talk to have a VoLTE capable handset and connection ?

Considering you are new here , here's a couple of facts.
    OnePlus support is clueless about facts most of the times.

Twitter and Facebook are NOT official support channels even though they are official accounts / handles.
    Do NOT believe anything support tells you. They will just roll back on it any second they see fit.
    If OnePlus history with their past devices like the OPX and the OP2 tells us something ,it's...do not believe any promises made by OnePlus.

The OP5 MIGHT support Airtel VoLTE in the future. Can't see a reason why it can't from a hardware perspective.
    That's upto OnePlus as to when and how to implement it and roll out an update.

remedy likes this.
  6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 10, 2017

camohan , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Thread edited.
    Airtel website clearly specifies which handsets support it's VoLTE.

remedy likes this.
  7. remedy
    KitKat Oct 10, 2017

remedy , Oct 10, 2017 :
    It's best to close this thread as the OP is so offensive.

8. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    There is no option anywhere in the phone to activate the VoLTE, also confirmed with One Plus 5 on customer support chat and telephone that One Plus 5 doesnt have VoLTE support except for Reliance Jio !!!

9. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    How is it offensive, all I have stated is the fact of the matter, which may help other buyers to thing, understand and then buy .

10. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    So you mean to say if Airtel isnt updated by the handset manufacturer thats the end ? Since I had first confirmed with One Plus 5 on the social media as well as their official live chat on their own website, if the hardware manufacturer says it is compatible i donot have to go banging every doors to check the same.

11. camohan

camohan , Oct 10, 2017 :
    So you got the correct info from oneplus chat support which is the official support for the company. Relying on Twitter was your biggest miatake.
    You asked the right question to wrong person.
    You could scream, publicise on social media like you said you are being cheated but most of the users know oneplus 5 doesn't support VoLTE and the airtel website clearly specifies the handsets.
    Further, now you come over to community forum to release your frustration, why not when you wanted to get info and you looked at Twitter.

remedy likes this.
  12. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    I am not here to release my frustration and even if i am doing that its not wrong, if this is a public forum isnt it right that everyone should know about the facts ? besides if you are also confirming that One plus official twitter handle and its live chat has given wrong information then something needs to be corrected on the companys side rather than trying to insult my intentions ? where am I wrong ???. There are many handsets which Airtel hasnt listed and yet they suppor tAirtel Volte, what do you have to say about that ? The tone you are using at me is showing how defensive you are trying to be rather than helping out.

So this proves my point, being a moderator i am sure you are from One Plus side and trying to hide the reality and defend yourself. Yes I will have to pursue this matter further so no other buyer is misguided like i was, buying a phone is not buying an aircraft , yet i did my due deligence from the manufacturer, never knew the company representatives (2 of them would misguide me or it could be that they werent trained about product and just passed on wrong information which again is WRONG !!!!, if you are intending to delete or block this thread you are free to do it, but what is right is right and what you are trying to imply is WRONG !

13. SKP21
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2017

SKP21 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Ok user tell me one difference between your present 4g and promised VoLTE, since you are feeling duped that mean there exists some feature you are missing because it doesn't support volte.

Btw have you contacted airtel regarding this volte support issue.

remedy likes this.
  14. camohan

camohan , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Moderators are not employees of Oneplus and therefore the point of defending them does not arise.

I would be happy to take the matter forward if you can PM me the transcript of your discussion with ONEPLUS CHAT SUPPORT. If they are at fault, they should be corrected.

The way you are talking clearly indicates you are trying to vent up your frustration, you never came to community forum to ask but when you want to criticize you came over here with a long note.

Further, the users here clearly know Airtel Volte is not supported and has been discussed multiple times here : https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ed-volte-for-mumbai-onepluss-part-now.624976/

If I had to suppress or block this thread, it would have been invisible long back.

15. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    VoLTE gives me a better data connectivity and also to some extent better voice quality, as tested speeds on normal 4G i get a speed of around 15 MBPS and on VoLTE i get 30 MBPS and above which is significant improvement, also i use hotspot on mobile it helps me in multi tasking on my laptop and mobile. so my purpose on VoLTE is this

16. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :

I wasnt ever registered on OnePlus 5 forum, why would i register here even before buying my handset, secondly sir, if you were in my place and cheated, you wouldnt like to read the word FRUSTRATION and venting my frustration again and again, so stop asking me why i never came to this forum and checked on this issue.

You are still defending the company, maybe you arent an employee and just a hard core fan, which makes no difference to me.

I can very well critisize where ever i like on social media, one plus community isnt the only place to do it, you are taking this issue directed at the company too personal, may i know why. I feel now you are frustrated reading the facts and negative comments being passed on the company !!!.

Sir you can exit this thread at once if it is offending you and hurting you, but it still doesnt serve my purpose, if in case you have a solution please share, or else have a nice day.

I have not made any screen shot of the chat transcript nor does it get saved, besides the tweets have already been forwarded by email to the one plus customer care as i was asked to. I hope this reply give you the liberty and choice to either keep discussing or ignore this thread.

17. camohan

camohan , Oct 10, 2017 :
    You are still not helping yourself. I do not care about tweets. You said in your post that oneplus customer support confirmed OP5 does not support the Airtel Volte

and on other hand you said live chat also confirmed it supports

Now both the above quotes are contradictory, where was this live chat based at?

Also please note transcript can be emailed

transcript.PNG

Why dont you forward those tweets which you sent to customer support to me and I can take it up.

remedy likes this.
  18. p09
    Donut Oct 10, 2017

p09 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    I said befoee buying i had a chat with cust support and i was told it does suppirt airtel and now when it isnt working i had a chat again and i was told it doesnt support.

I havent saved the chat trasnscript hence i csnt upload the same.

19. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2017

ashwin.243 , Oct 10, 2017 :
    Hi, you need to know that Airtel does not provide VoLTE in Mumbai as of now. Currently only Reliance Jio provides VoLTE feature in Mumbai and rest of the India. And I'm sure that VoLTE will work on your OnePlus 5 as soon as Airtel starts rolling it out.

Airtel is still testing their VoLTE network and it will take them atleast 5-6 months to introduce VoLTE in Mumbai.

20. Sandesh Magam
    Froyo Oct 10, 2017

Sandesh Magam , Oct 10, 2017 :
    VoLTE is just Voice Over LTE. Its only a protocol to send your voice digitally by using data connection. It doesn't impact or improve your data speed. it just only use your 4G network to send or receive Call data.