VOLTE Issue?

1. falcon26
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2016

falcon26 , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I have a strange issue with 3.2.0 when VOLTE is enabled half the time my phone fails to dial or if it does I can hear the other people on the line but they can not hear me. I have to try a few times before I can get a call to work correctly. If I disable VOLTE it works fine. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. Also my LTE signal on 3.2.0 really sucks compared to 3.1.3

x.rolin, kojaraty and cssoz like this.
  2. Anthonyp3260
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2016

Anthonyp3260 , Jul 8, 2016 :
    Same issue here on T-Mobile. I'm on 3.2.1 same issue

3. pedram1370
    Donut Jul 8, 2016

4. falcon26
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2016

falcon26 , Jul 8, 2016 :
    Yeah I can confirm that the issue is still there after the 3.2.1 update. I have to disable VOLTE for now. I don't think I had this issue in 3.1.3 though. I think this came about after the 3.2.0 update. I wonder if it has to do with what APN you are using? I was on the fast.IP6 one. I just changed it to the fast.Tmobile one. Lets see if that makes a difference.

5. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2016

lkosova , Jul 12, 2016 :
    I am also having this issue after updating to 3.2.1. Tmobile in Chicago. I love the new icon but people can't hear me and I am dropping calls. On 3.1.3 I was pretty much fine except for an occasional drop.

This is unacceptable and I need to be reached due to my profession. I can see calls came through or I answer the phone and they can't hear me. One I unclick the enhanced 4g...I am fine.

I was on epc.tmobile and actually that was fine. I switch yesterday to fast.tmobile.com

Not making too much sense but any solutions?

thx

6. lkosova

lkosova , Jul 12, 2016 :
    BTW- I have reached out to support and like 3 people are just sending pretemplated responses and no real help. It's like they don't get back to you. I was waiting for 9 days on something else and then I got 3 responses from 3 different support people in like 15 minutes. I am sorry but if OP wants to play with the big boys they need to start acting like one. Sorry for the rant.

7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 12, 2016

pablofg1978 , Jul 12, 2016 :
    Moved to Op3 general support

8. lkosova

lkosova , Jul 12, 2016 :
    Thx for moving to support but can I get some support? I am on the phone with a very nice girl. I told her I just got the 3.2.1 and told her my issues with people not hearing me on Volte and voicemail not working, I can't tap 7 to delete or 9 to save unless I reboot my phone and dropped calls since yesterday when I got the 3.2.1 update.........have to factory reset.....agh if not then remote session

9. markogin
    Donut Jul 13, 2016

markogin , Jul 13, 2016 :
    I have the same problem with T-Mobile......disabled VoLTE for now........OP fixes a problem and create new ones.......after 3 phones we should get better reliability I think.......I agree with Ikosova, they need to do better if they want to play with the big boys....even the "medium" boys like Motorola (these days)

10. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2016

lkosova , Jul 14, 2016 :
    My wife has Motorola x pure edition 2015 and daughter has moto 3g 2015 and both no issues...

My son and I got Op3's............

So, trying to be fair and honest. Support has gone nuts and all over me. I called and emailed. Too many people answering but better then silence.

I factory reset last night and still not sure yet. Seems more stable on Volte..... But most of the day I was inside a medical center with really thick cement floors, metal beams etc. It is very cloudy and gonna storm in Chicago but less drop calls and both people said it could of been them....... Hmm mm.

Notification etc seems better. Volume on calls seems to go like up and down sometimes. Music is great thought my aux in my car but use sound controls on car also.

I will see how it goes tommorow. My son has been away and we will compare this weekend. He is still on 3.1.3.

11. kojaraty
    Froyo Jul 15, 2016

kojaraty , Jul 15, 2016 :
    Same issue. Whenever VOLTE is turned on and I am in a phone call the other party cannot hear me. I am on Tmobile also in California

12. vicachka
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2016

vicachka , Aug 3, 2016 :
    If I have VoLTE on, my mic seems to be turning off when the proximity sensor dims the screen during a call. If the screen is lit or I'm on speakerphone, they can hear me just fine. This does not happen if VoLTE is turned off.

13. G_Roland_Bechtel_UaZQ
    Donut Aug 8, 2016

G_Roland_Bechtel_UaZQ , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Do a complete sideload of 3.2.2. (not just the patch) It fixed my connection problems and my Mic drop issue. I have a phone again.

14. G_Roland_Bechtel_UaZQ
    Donut Aug 8, 2016

Do a complete side load of 3.2.2 This seems to be an issue of their OTA updates going through but partially broken.

15. G_Roland_Bechtel_UaZQ
    Donut Aug 8, 2016

Do a complete Side load of 3.2.2. This fixed all of my problems with the mic and dropping calls. The OTA is going through but breaking stuff. Factory reset will not fix it.

16. jbannister
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2017

jbannister , Jan 5, 2017 :
    I have a slightly different issue. I have a OP3 A3000 model, with exactly the same software build, kernel, Oxygen, etc as an A3003 model, but on the A3003 there is the "enhanced 4G LTE mode" but it is NOT present on the A3000. Any ideas? Settings at the *#*#4636#*#* menu are the same.
    Thanks in advance.

17. Phanindarmh
    Donut Mar 24, 2017

Phanindarmh , Mar 24, 2017 :
    Bought Chinese make of OP3T A3010 to India and tried using a Volte enabled sim but couldn't be successful in enabling VOLTE in my new one plus 3T, A3010 tried below stuffs:
    1. Putting 4G volte enabled sim in sim slot 1 and turned data on along with volte and vice versa
    2. Tried putting 4G volte enabled sim sim slot 2 and tried restarting phone and volte on and off along with data turning on and off
    3. With Volte settings on tried calling same number many times thinking volte feature will be seen in top of status bar but call is not going nor seeing volte symbol in status bar
    4. Swapped and changed many 4G volte calling sim from jio in India but apart from my Chinese one plus 3T a3010 in mi, oppo, lyf, vivo, Lenovo, moto, Sony, lg, iphone7 I can see volte symbol and make calls but not in my OP3T. Only I can use internet but can't place volte calls
    5. Updated to nogut Android, updated to latest oxygen os and issue persists

please help me or kindly release an update for all those one plus users of Chinese make or Hong Kong sold one plus device.
    feeling sad. :(
    read may posts and articles but it's of no use..