Volte not working via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Q1516004612438 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Hello, I've recently gotten the 9 pro, all recent updates installed. I've noticed volte doesn't work despite the option being turned on and my carrier supporting it. I was wondering what the issue might be and how to fix it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 16, 2021

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Q1516004612438 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Hey, thanks for the reply, I've doubled checked with my carrier and it seems they don't support OnePlus devices yet :/ very frustrating...

4. the_o2

the_o2 , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Who is your network provider?

Caomhin and Shailender Sharma like this.
  5. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 16, 2021 :
    It was the same for me when I bought 7 Pro. Despite being resellers of the device they wasn't that very willing to support it fully. They just referred to a list and that new devices was added frequently.
    So I basically started an campaign on the biggest Android forum in my country. Listed all carriers available and show who did what and so on... Then forwarded that to the carrier and said they would loose customers that cared about VoLTE and VoWiFi. And money talks so... They even had sold 6T carrier exclusive and still did not support it fully.
    But not long after support came.
    A other carrier was even worse and via a internal leak said they never planned to support that phone... But with 8 series launch Oneplus support was rolled out even for them and on older devices.
    So I would not give up.

Caomhin likes this.

the_o2 likes this.
  7. Q1516004612438 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 16, 2021 :
    What's even worse, I can't get 5G to work on the phone either, I've tried different tweaks but only end up getting 4G+

OnePlus phones are very popular here in UAE, strange to see the carrier not support it fully, and I honestly shouldn't have to go workarounds or mods to be able to use such an expensive phone to its full capacity.

8. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 16, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jun 16, 2021 :
    I have a 5G device that I bought from outside Etisalat. Will it be supported by 5G?
    Yes. If the device is purchased from outside, it must support Etisalat’s current 5G frequency bands:

- Band n78 (3.5 GHz)
    - Band n41 (2.6 GHz)
    Etisalat will continue adding more 5G frequency bands which will be communicated through necessary channels.

Is 5G coverage available across the country?
    Currently, 5G coverage is available in selected zones across UAE. For more details about the locations, please visit www.etisalat.ae/5g.

https://www.etisalat.ae/en/consumer/support/mobile/5g-faq-new.jsp

9. Q1516004612438 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 16, 2021 :
    The carrier it self supports Volte and 5G, however, OP devices are not supported. This is true for me and many other people I know with OP phones here.

10. Roxtarritesh
    Eclair Jun 17, 2021