VoLTE On Oneplus 9 via OnePlus 9

1. Mashk
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021

Mashk , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 15, 2021 :
    I have two other phones namely Iphone 11 and Samsung Note 8; they both have support for VoLTE but all my Oneplus devices do not support it.

I'm certain it's not my network (Safaricom, Kenya) since I have VoLTE on my other devices.

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Sep 15, 2021 :
    Some carriers even have lists of devices where they support VoLTE and VoWiFi. So it's not always IF they support it or not... It's WHAT devices they support it on.

So ask your carrier specifically about support on this phone model.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Mashk
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021

Mashk , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 15, 2021 :
    I did from the time I was on 6T, they said they support.

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Sep 15, 2021 :
    Yes. But still a new model. 7 Pro was not supported by my carrier at first (despite being sold and bought trough my carrier). It came a bit later.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. mancalm
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2021

mancalm , via OnePlus 9 , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Hello, I'm new to OnePlus and to dual SIM phones. I recently bought a OnePlus 9 and I'm using it with two SIM cards (work and personal), where the personal one (SIM1) has data and the work one (SIM 2) does not.

I'm using Vodafone in Portugal for both and I already did the Logkit procedure to activate VoLTE. When I got to PDC there was the profile for Vodafone Greece VoLTE already activated for sub0 and sub1.

So now I see the HD icon for all calls from SIM 1and I maintain the internet connection while on call. My issue is that when I make or receive calls on SIM 2 I lose the internet connection from SIM 1!

It seemed that I was able to fix it for a while when I messed around with the VoLTE options for SIM2 and the ability to swap the internet connection between the two SIMs (though only one has it) but now I can't get it to work any longer.

Is this related to the profile I chose in PDC, to any phone settings I'm not activating or is this normal? This is quite annoying as sometimes I'm on professional calls and I need to keep checking stuff online.

Thanks!