[VOLTE] question via OnePlus 8T

1. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

P1604662256009 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 5, 2020 :
    Hello,

I see that those from oneplus are not interested in clearly answering questions related to volte or vowifi and even 5g, I don't see that they want to implement anything in the firmware on oneplus phones related to volte / vowifi / 5g, so we return to the forum help , my question is :

Is it possible to activate / set / modify / test the volt / vowifi profiles for the oneplus 8t phone?

There is more information related to this aspect by using pdc / efstools and so on, I tried some of these possibilities but from what I realize at the moment on android 11 it is impossible to access * # 801 # -> toogle on the Full-port switch from EngineeringMode or related to this.

If anyone knows a way to make these settings please guide me in the right direction.

P.S. i don't want to root my phone.

EEZC likes this.
  2. goran_oh
    Froyo Dec 6, 2020

Auristic and Don@1+5 like this.
  3. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2020

iharshjjain , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Dec 6, 2020 :
    For your information..
    When u set your network to 4G (for India), you will get VoLTE. And when u connect to the WiFi of the name network service provider, you will get VoWiFi..
    I have tested and using it.. regarding this if you have any questions let me know.

Don@1+5 likes this.
  4. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 7, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 7, 2020 :
    how do you set "When u set your network to 4G (for India)" ? ... anyway i'm in europe.

Don@1+5 likes this.
  5. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2020

Don@1+5 likes this.
  6. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 7, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 7, 2020 :
    yes, thanks, I know where and how to activate VOLTE and VOWIFI (first step for me was to use old logkit and * # 800 #) , but that's not the problem, as i said : "oneplus didn't implement anything in the firmware on oneplus phones related to volte / vowifi / 5g" for my phone operator (if you are wondering if VOLTE and VOWIFI work on the sim from the telephone operator I tell you that it works I still have a xiaomi phone where it works without problem if I put the sim in the phone), so my question here is:
    if OnePlus is not willing to help me, is there an alternative solution how was possible on OnePlus 8/8 Pro via EngineeringMode/Full-port switch when the firmware had android 10 (without the need to root the phone)
    ? (at this moment, even on OnePlus 8/8 Pro, this solution is no longer valid once you upgrade to android 11).

Don@1+5 likes this.
  7. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2020

8. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 8, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Yes i posted a question for 8T because i have oneplus 8T :)

Don@1+5 likes this.
  9. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 10, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 10, 2020 :
    I found a solution thanks to those on the miuiturkiye forum, all the credit is theirs:

(you need to be sure of what you want to do, before changing anything it would be good to document yourself before)

Install Logkit applications on our phone. (do not install engineer mod)
    USB Debugging must be enabled
    Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your computer as an administrator.
    Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Program

In the search screen of your phone, type * # 800 # .
    Select Engineer Mode. Press ENTER
    from the screen that appears .
    Go to the Oneplus Logkit section. Scroll
    down a little bit and enter the Funtion Switch section.
    Switch volte actively learn from the restart VoWiFi Switch the option to activate .
    Restart your phone
    -------------------------

1- USB Debugging mode must be active.
    2- Connect to the computer with USB, do not select anything (File transfer etc.)
    3- Enter these commands on the CMD screen. : adb reboot ftm
    4. Chinese texts will appear on the device, after a while the device will turn on, but there will be no screen.
    5. Enter these commands on the CMD screen : adb shell
    6. on adb shell :
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
    7. Search the application named PDC from the start menu of your computer , find it, right click and run it as administrator.
    8. Select the device from the PDC Program, Device section.
    9- Once you find it, click on it.
    11- Right click with your mouse and
    12- Set Selected Config option and select the icon you want to activate. [sub0 >> Sim 1 or sub1 >> Sim 2] For dual line, you can choose both.
    13-After done, Pending text will appear. Then press the text Activate .
    14- Finally : adb reboot

for the moment I managed to have VOLTE active, I will do more tests to see if I succeed for the VOWIFI part.

the best thing would be for these functions to be implemented by those from OnePlus, but at the moment I do not see any response from them.

Don@1+5 and goran_oh like this.
  10. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 10, 2020

Don@1+5 likes this.
  11. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2020

AndyRM , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Dec 10, 2020 :
    Really annoying lack of response from OnePlus. I had VoLTE and VoWiFi working on Oxy 10 stable and 11 betas. I stupidly decided to change to stable version of Oxy 11 which off course wiped phone. After I had VoLTE but not VoWiFi.

After sending logs back and forth with support then told my carrier (Vodafone UK) does not support VoWiFi. I had been using VoWiFi for more than 3 months with that phone and that carrier!

Any specific questions I asked were simply ignored.

Later in general announcement OnePlus said was working of VoLTE and VoWiFi with certain carriers.

A flagship phone should have VoWiFi and I had specifically looked for phone that had this capability but it does not deliver just like the eSim in the specs does not exist (in Europe at least)

12. Don@1+5
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2021

Don@1+5 , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Tried this trick. Did not work on Android 11. Maybe just need to wait for OTA update from OnePlus so that they re-enable VOLTE feature.