VOLTE & VOWIFI

1. P1604662256009
    Froyo Nov 24, 2020

P1604662256009 , Nov 24, 2020 :
    This is my first thread in this community, unfortunately I find myself in an unpleasant situation in the first experience with OnePlus, more precisely at this moment the VOLTE and VOWIFI part does not work on the OnePlus 8T phone with sim from my telephone operator, the operator telephony offers these services (tested in other phones from other companies) works without problems, I am aware that to have these functional functions it is necessary that the mobile operator must support these functions and at the same time the phone must support these functions, after several discussions with the mobile operator we found out that it was discussed with OnePlus related to this aspect, more than 6 months ago, but so far the ones from OnePlus have not done anything to activate these functions. I want to activate these functions without having to use 3rd party methods and I don't even want to root the phone (something like logkit / PDC / Efstools and so on), I tried this option anyway without success (I only managed to shows those VOLTE and VOWIFI options in the phone menu, but without a success related to the functionality of these options, so in conclusion the VOLTE and VOWIFI part is not functional).

I do not understand why it is so difficult to implement such settings in the phone firmware, from my point of view there are some options that should be active and functional, as long as telephone operators support these functions, now I don't understand why the phone manufacturers, as is the case now with OnePlus do not want to add / activate / facilitate access to these options.

In conclusion, OnePlus, do I have a chance that my voice will be heard and I can enjoy these options in the near future?

P.S. I am willing to test this aspect with you from OnePlus and with my telephone operator, I can contact the mobile operator if more information is needed (although I know that this contact was made between OnePlus and the mobile operator). I am willing to provide you with the necessary logs on the phone if necessary (I did this through "feedback"). In conclusion, I am willing to offer my support for this situation, are you willing to help me in this regard?

P.P.S. also my phone operator offers 5G, I see that this option is not active in the current version of the phone, I do not understand why, however the phone is capable of 5G I do not understand why there is no support for this function.

Best regards,

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020

goran_oh and EEZC like this.
  2. jojoflyhigh
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

jojoflyhigh , Nov 24, 2020 :
    I also received my 8T 2 days ago and I'm disappointed to see that Oneplus is not capable to deliver a simple solution for VoLTE/VoWifi. and Oxygen OS 11 seem not to allow this feature.
    We are in 2020 and VoLTE is no more an option but is a MUST.
    Is there any roadmap to have this feature delivered properly ?

Best regards

P1604662256009 likes this.
  3. Shailender Sharma
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2020

Starcommander likes this.
  4. P1604662256009
    Froyo Nov 25, 2020

5. P1604662256009
    Froyo Nov 25, 2020

P1604662256009 , Nov 25, 2020 :
    not that it has any relevance for you oneplus, but at the moment I work from home due to the restrictions related to covid19, unfortunately I have a problem with the 3G signal in the location, but fortunately I have a very good 4G signal, having considering that due to my job I have to use the phone and I need this function VOLTE to be able to use the phone on 4G, it also helps me a lot and if I could use VOWIFI because I have a stable connection on WIFI, this is one of the reasons for why insist a lot to have access through OnePlus phone to these 2 basic functions: VOLTE and VOWIFI.
    And anyway at the end of a day this 2 functions MUST be activated to have the clarity of a call for a phone to be considered a premium phone, a premium phone without basic functions is just another phone on the market.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020

6. danouk
    Eclair Nov 25, 2020

danouk , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 25, 2020 :
    I recommend sending OnePlus Feedback (Bug Report) because the Community forum posts do not receive replies from OnePlus.

Inconsistent support for WiFi calling VoWifi and VoLTE is subject of hundreds of Community forum posts. VoWifi is essentially parked here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-wifi-calling-for-oneplus-devices.1163916/

To fix this for myself I changed carriers from Vodafone to O2. I am now able access VoWifi and VoLTE.

Good luck

Don@1+5 likes this.
  7. P1604662256009
    Froyo Nov 25, 2020

P1604662256009 , Nov 25, 2020 :
    ok, thank you for your help, as I said I already gave that feedback, I went through 2 firmware versions but no luck, VOLTE and VOWIFI don't work, I am aware that there is a possibility for another operator to have these functions available, however I do not know exactly what telephone operators it could be in my country, anyway I do not want to change the telephone operator I am bound by a contract with them at this moment, at the same time I know that it was possible to activate some profiles from PDC / logkit / efstools but at this moment there is no such possibility, I also know that the current telephone operator talked to OnePlus but without OnePlus wanting to take any step in implementing the VOLTE / VOWIFI part, I notice that this topic is debated everywhere when discussing OnePlus and VOLTE/VOWIFI and I start to feel sorry that I bought a phone from them.

8. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 11, 2020

9. AKHIL06
    Donut Dec 11, 2020

10. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 11, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    thnx, but this is not the issue, in simple words regardless of the sim slot in the firmware from oneplus you have to match on a profile for phone operator, in my case this match was not made, so the solution was to match via pdc on an existing profile in the firmware, if i had a profile matching my phone operator implemented by oneplus
    I had no problem, but at this time there is no such profile in oneplus firmware, maybe in the future there will be this profile directly in the firmware, at the moment this is the only solution to force the phone to use a static profile
    through PDC.

AKHIL06 likes this.
  11. bemolxd
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2020

bemolxd , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Have you tried contacting your phone operator? In my case it was just to ask the phone operator if they could enable VoLTE/VoWIFI on my phone number. It worked without playing around with PDC etc.

12. P1604662256009
    Froyo Dec 11, 2020

P1604662256009 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    they said that it supports both functions, anyway I tested the same sim in another phone and i have volte / vowifi, in oneplus I don't have volte/vowifi without changes made by pdc.

13. Xpress0
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2020