VoLTE (yes, AGAIN!) via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. F_Castro_EICP
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2020

F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 7, 2020 :
    I'm from Portugal and Vodafone already enabled VoLTE for my OnePlus 7 Pro.

What i can't understand is why, almost one year later since this model was launched, we still didn't receive an update of the OnePlus Logkit that let us enable this feature!!!!

We have to install one shared on XDA Forum (com.oem.oemlogkit_1.0-1.apk) in order to enable that option on the phone!

Is that so hard for OnePlus to give us that option? That way we didn't have to install one from the internet that could be an older version lacking something (and not to talk that i don't know if it's 100% secure, even being shared through the well-known XDA!)

3. F_Castro_EICP
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2020

F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Yes they do!

When i call them some months ago after seeing people in a Portuguese Facebook page about OnePlus talking about that, i saw that the list didn't include this phone.

Anyway I call Vodafone and said that there had been other users that had that feature enabled.

After some time, the lady from Vodafone said that in fact the phone was not presented on the list but she was able to activate it.

I installed the OnePlus Logkit shared on XDA and the option appeared on the phone and i used it till 2 weeks ago when i made a factory reset to the phone.

So yes, Vodafone (at least in Portugal) supports VoLTE. Also, in Portugal is the only one that supports it.

If you changed to another carrier just because of that, you didn't needed.

And yes, it's a "problem" from OnePlus for not updating their Logkit!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020

4. Anuraj26
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2020

Anuraj26 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 8, 2020 :
    providing volte Patch has to be in coordination with the service provider and handset manufacturer..!! it depends on how keen the operator is about a particular handset manufacturer..!! but yes patch had to be delivered in form of a software update..in india volte patch was provided by One plus as soon as VOLTE was live in the vodafone network

5. F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 8, 2020 :
    That way, the OnePlus Logkit available to download on XDA wouldn't work but if i install it, it will work (used it during months).

From the Vodafone side, there's nothing they can do; they already enabled it.

Now, OnePlus is the "one" who should provide an Logkit update to enable the feature on the phone.

When i made it on my phone, i also tried on my girlfriend's Huawei P30 Pro and the option was already there; the only thing i had to do was to ask Vodafone to enable it for her phone.

6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Why do you need Logkit to enable it, just enable it in settings > sim... And if your carrier supports your phone, you will have VoLTE...

You say your carrier supports your Oneplus device, why isn't it listed on their supported devices then?

7. F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Liehjan

Why do you need Logkit to enable it, just enable it in settings > sim... And if your carrier supports your phone, you will have VoLTE...

You say your carrier supports your Oneplus device, why isn't it listed on their supported devices then?

Are you telling that i'm a dumb or lying?

The only way to that option appears in settings - SIM, is if it is enabled on the phone itself, and for enable it on the phone itself, when you go to the *#800# - OnePlus Logkit - Function Switch you have to have there the option for VoLTE. If you don't have, it won't appear on the SIM settings!

Vodafone enables the service on their network but, obviously they don't change anything in the phone settings!

Do i really need to tell one more time that with the OnePlus Logkit shared on XDA it shows the option on the Function Switch, which then shows on the SIM settings and it becomes possible to use?

Do i really need to tell one more time that i already used it for months?

I just don't understand why OnePlus doesn't update the Logkit, making users who want VoLTE to use one shared on the internet.

And before you say that probably the Logkit from XDA only enables the icon, i tell you right away that no; i tested several times during a call to use 4G and it worked always!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020

8. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 8, 2020 :
    I had the option in settings out of the box, without any need of logkit... And no, I don't say you are lying... But it is strange that Vodafone don't find time to update their supported device list.

9. F_Castro_EICP , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Vodafone had been investing much money in Portugal to "steal" clients from other carriers, especially on the home fiber service.

1 or 2 years ago, they reached the "goal" they wanted and the investment stopped (it was 3 friends that work there that told me) and was directed to other countries.

See the screenshots (i even put the phone in French for you to be able to understand better)
    1586349503523.jpg

1586349503563.jpg

1586349503594.jpg

10. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2020

Liehjan , Apr 8, 2020 :
    I don't understand a single word of French :p
    What does the menu look like behind this?
    upload_2020-4-8_15-41-26.png

12. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2020

F_Castro_EICP likes this.