Volume rocker broken

1. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Anyone else had their volume rocker just fall off?

Phone has never been dropped and in carbon fiber case since arrival. Just put an RMA in but would have prefered not to be without my phone for this busy period of time.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-13 at 08.59.33.jpeg

2. KEN147
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2019

AbandonedTrolley likes this.
  3. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Ah just seen your thread, glad it seemed to get sorted via warranty.

Mine was an amazingly quick repair tbh very impressed.

Picked up via UPS on Tuesday, arrived in Poland on Wednesday, repaired on Thursday and shipped out. Received back in UK and at my door on Friday!

I have however now switched phones to the P30 Pro, (got a decent deal with o2, 90GB data, unlimited calls/texts for £23.50 a month) so have sold the 7 Pro on eBay this weekend.

4. ivsh
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

ivsh , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Hi, it happened to me just yesterday 😔 I'm really frustrated because it's my fifth OnePlus phone and I never had any issues with the previous ones. The current one I bought just 6 months ago, never carried it without a case and I'm very unhappy with the build quality: both volume key and the alert slider are plastic not a metal ones and they don't sit solid. It's unacceptable for a flagman phone. The thing is, I bought it from a third party vendor, so I can't replace it via warranty. I read stories, that your screen can be easily damaged while replacing the volume rocker which is preposterous...

5. nelsonngle
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

nelsonngle , Aug 15, 2020 :
    This happened to me last week...sent the phone in for a service request and for some reason was quoted $200 for a screen repair. When I tried reaching out to customer service about this, I was told that the issue would be "escalated and looked into." Phone arrives at my door today, volume rocker issue is not fixed, and I receive an e-mail telling me that it was shipped back since "the quotation wasn't responded with the provided time" and "regarding the screen was inferior display screen function issue."

I don't understand why the issue I sent the phone in for was given less attention compared to the "inferior display screen function issue" (inspecting the phone now, it appears and is functioning perfectly fine I don't know what they're talking about).

Out of curiosity, @AbandonedTrolley did the service center factory reset your phone when they fixed your phone? I'm asking because I don't know if its common practice to inspect software as well when a service request was made for a hardware issue. I wish I was told this would happen so I could do a last minute backup of my files. Guess I'll take the time to set up all my apps and the individual settings again