Volume Slider not working past three increments on Wireless Earbuds

1. zphall
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2020

zphall , Dec 31, 2020 :
    I received the Lypertek Tevi earbuds in the mail today and tried them with my oneplus 6. both earbuds experience the issue of only having volume control in three increments - it can go on no sound, low, medium, and high, and beyond the last increment, there is no sound control, it just stays on high or what I might infer as full volume. is this a problem with the phone itself or the earbuds?
    before this, I owned a pair of e25 raycon earbuds and I did not experience this issue.

2. RealAman_01
    Donut Jan 1, 2021

3. KumarBrajesh
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2021

4. zphall
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2021

zphall , Jan 1, 2021 :
    I can turn up the volume after three increments, and it shows a difference in the bar, however, it doesn't change the actual sound, it just appears to be louder but it actually isn't

5. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 1, 2021 :
    Go to settings>sound & vibration>earphone mode, turn on Bluetooth absolute volume.

That should ensure that the volume of the earbuds is determined by the volume slider on your phone.

6. sumitMZ007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2021

7. ImGuru
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2021

8. zphall
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2021

zphall , Jan 3, 2021 :
    I tried turning that on, and it didn't change a thing -
    However! I did get the earbuds to work properly, all I had to do was fiddle with the volume slider, toggle the upper option on it called "media output", selected "Phone speaker", then switched back to either "LYPERTEK TEVI - L" or "LYPERTEKI TEVI - R".
    Although this was fixed using common man trial and error, I honestly do wish OnePlus could step in and fix this through a system update regarding the 6. I still have to do this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I hope I at least helped someone out there with the same issue.

rhyd1am likes this.
  9. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 3, 2021 :
    Glad you've managed to solve it, even if it's only a temporary fix each time.

Try contacting OnePlus themselves to see what they suggest (never know, we could all be missing something).

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

10. Hadir
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2021

Hadir , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Has anyone tried or have Razer Hammerhead USB Type C wired Earphones on the oneplus nord? I like to buy it but i don't know if it works on the nord?