Vote for the best App of the Month – Customization edition

1. P1561051341882 Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

2. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

elanglois, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Uhmm .. duh. You can stream full 4K/HDR10+. That's why Netflix is included on the phone.

3. JeffAltorfer Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

JeffAltorfer, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Another customization app that I'm actually so dependent on that I don't even think of it as an app anymore is "Flow Keyboard" by Peter Eastman (you have to use that search string. Even though the name is just "Flow"). I've used it for years on four phones and a tablet and thought it is no longer actively supported, I won't let it go until they make me ' .

There is a VERY steep, but very quick learning process (you MUST, both read the manual AND perform the tutorial). It's a completely different layout, swype-style input keyboard that puts the vowels at the center and surrounds them with the frequently used consonants, and finally, it places the infrequently used consonants along the outer perimeter (it's far more subtle than that, but that's a crude description). Due to the incredibly efficient mapping of the keys for the most frequently used words, even the possibility of misspelling is reduced dramatically. Longer words you didn't even have to be close, some shorter words you kind of have to learn tricks for tracing.

After the short accustomization period, it is so easy and quick to use -with a single hand: Actually a single thumb!- that I can no longer tolerate anything else.

It is ABSOLUTELY not for everyone; I love it.

NOTE: as mentioned above, I don't think it's actively supported anymore, so things like dictionary maintenance don't work 100% correctly on latest android versions. I perform this work external to the app with other apps. I wish I could steal the keyboard layout and map it into a current/supported custom keyboard, but I don't know of one that lets the user do that ' .

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019

4. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

Actually. I'm working on a way to relock with root. Already done it on my 3T (Yes, bootloader locked with root and a custom ROM). I'm thinking the 7 Pro will work, but its set up very differently and uses a newer version of Android Verified Boot, so it may not work ... but I'm hopeful.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. Mbahmu Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Mbahmu, Jun 21, 2019 :
    They are different style tho

6. Ak. Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Ak., Jun 21, 2019 :
    Weill it wasn't on my phone!

7. JeffAltorfer Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

I don't believe it does the former; I know it doesn't do the latter.

I personally don't like my whole world synced (except email , where I've finally switched from POP to mapi) and it drives me crazy with things like browser bookmarks -unless I can manually export parts of a tree/bookmark directory- but I completely get it that others like and even depend on unified conversation streams (like "Slack" (which I highly recommend), etc), so I am curious which app you might know of/use that does do that. If you'd share that info I'd appreciate it.

8. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

If you mean SMS, Pulse.

For other conversations .. depends on what messaging network

9. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Interesting, keep me posted. I'd love to be able to make full use of the crazy display they put on this thing without having to give up on root and all the fun customizations that go along with it. Given the choice between the two I'm always going to choose the latter though.

10. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

I'm working on it [e]1f603[/e]

And you can still stream 4K/HDR to your TV regardless (where I care about quality) and you can show off your HDR screen with YouTube.

buntycubal and Hydra Bob like this.
  11. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

Almost all apps run at 90.

buntycubal likes this.
  12. JeffAltorfer Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

I'll give it a try. Thanks

13. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

I looked at it, but I found I prefer my FX File Explorer. There is a bit more customization, a few extra features - such as the web interface, etc.

buntycubal likes this.
  14. Aditya Nahar Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Aditya Nahar, Jun 21, 2019 :
    amd double screen(swipe left right)....which is soo helpful never imagined and now i cnt live without this feature

15. Naarayanan7 Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Naarayanan7, Jun 21, 2019 :
    please share the link

16. TheAyushJain Honeycomb Jun 21, 2019

17. elanglois Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

Looks like a limit of two. FX stores tabs on the side menu along with the progress of file operations. While I agree that Solid Explorer tabs are faster to switch to, FX has no limit of 2 tabs, and it works on screens that don't have a touchscreen or even a mouse. FX is quite fine on Android TV with a game controller, web interface, etc. Check it out

buntycubal likes this.
  18. Aditya Nahar Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

Aditya Nahar, Jun 21, 2019 :
    okk i will check and sms organiser for messages and lot more...ur views

19. nateavi Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

nateavi, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Nova Prime. It's the paid version to Nova Launcher and the customizations we get are awesome!

HFidalgo likes this.
  20. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Just to offer another opinion on file explorers, MiXplorer is another feature packed, highly customizable option in that category.

buntycubal and HFidalgo like this.