Vote for the best App of the Month – Games edition

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Aug 20, 2019

Cheetosdust , Aug 20, 2019 :
    "Neh Neh"? The hell are we now, babies naming their dolls? :D

You know, some people questioned this, but I always believed you could read.

Your copying and pasting from Wikipedia skills are astonishing. At least you removed the “Citation Needed” part.

I am, and will always be, your fan. Like blowing - oi? - warm air during a hot Summer night.

Let’s play a game. Who is your biggest fan? Cheetosdust, that’s who.

luxuskamel likes this.
  2. Cheetosdust

Are you sure that's a game?

It sounds like the title of one of those kinky anime movies. Where the unicorn attacks thrusting its metallic horn... you know what, I don't want to talk about it. o_O:D

luxuskamel likes this.
  3. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Aug 20, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    I used to play clash of clans and mini militia, till last year.
    Now I play pubg the most, but because it was voted previously, I'll go with my other best...

Alto's Odyssey and mobile legends.

Starcommander and Cheetosdust like this.
  4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 20, 2019

camohan , Aug 20, 2019 :
    I dont know what more to write, its not available on google or wikipedia.

5. Mickey117
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

6. riozero96
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

7. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 20, 2019

superplus , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Somehow I feel like you either developed this, wrote the story for it, or are featured in it, so I think a 1.4 No Ads - Self Promotion warning is in order :rolleyes: jk, you make it sound quite nice though, if I ever have time, I might check it out. or not. last game of a semi-similar ilk I played and finished was Limbo I think.

Ah, nice, for some reason Alto's Adventure came to my mind when reading the starting post, glad to see this here, haven't checked it out yet, but might do so :)

Build stuff and do some math... where do I sign up? :cool: is that why it's called "satis-factory"? because you know... building stuff, is what a factory does? ok bad pun, probably unrelated

^ what he said :D but then I sort of tried to say it too

luxuskamel and Cheetosdust like this.
  8. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 20, 2019

YRJ , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Maybe she does ;) who knows?

luxuskamel and Starcommander like this.
  9. Cheetosdust

Hah! You jest - yes, two can play the XIX Century word game! En garde (apparently I become French when I embody my inner je suis spammeur du fromage. Formidable - but yeah, you are correct.

The player arrives at a new planet, sets up a base, start mining and building stuff. For example, to build a wall you need, let's say, 20 units of two different materials. You create those two materials and build a wall - no, not that wall. Hah, very funny, I’m orange. Neat :D - However, the wall can be used to build other stuff - including parts of a factory that is used to create new items. The wall is just an example.

It’s a never ending cycle and you can be really creative. The math part is related to calculate the materials you need to certain constructions. You have to count backwards since there are constructions with a lot of materials.

My brother created spreadsheets with what his factories need. My brother is smart. I just like to play with the rake. Not in the game though. You should see me raking the tarmac. :cool:

luxuskamel and superplus like this.
  10. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro , Aug 20, 2019 :
    PUGB is a bad game for laptop, xbox, playstation, wii and is forced on android. I tried to play him on the phone and I stopped harassing him. Many love him, in the absence of something similar, but it gets annoying. Most give up after all.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

JmVdv likes this.
  11. Cheetosdust

I'm actually Florence. But aren't we all at some point in our lives? Exactly! Who is Florence? Double Exactly. You are making the best questions, it's like I'm asking them myself. :D

I think you are really going to like it - it's also a really short game. Here's The Guardian's review:

"the impact comes from having to make that choice. Inaction and lack of control are used to great effect, too, especially towards the end. This short collection of small moments manages to cover a wide range of powerfully relatable emotional highs and lows, beautifully capturing what it’s like to fall in love for the first time".

superplus likes this.
  12. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 20, 2019

superplus , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Ah nice, it sounds like a way more advanced version of the stuff you can build in "Don't starve", where you gather building materials to build a science machine (or a wall, for those more pinkishly inclined) or an alchemy engine, which you can then use to build even more cool stuff, which needs even more materials, etc. etc. until you inevitably starve at some point ;_; but there is a rake too!

I knew it :D I bet you have your own band too, Florence and the Satis-factory :cool:

luxuskamel likes this.
  13. slmnanwr
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2019

14. Cheetosdust

Yeah, the basics are pretty much the same. However, since the game is in an Early Access stage, the developers are adding more and more stuff as they, well, develop it.

For example, nuclear energy! :cool:

More like Florence and the Satisfactory Machines!

I think I did it, superplus, I think I made a clever pun. The games are called Florence and Satisfactory, and one of them has machines. There's a band (a pretty cool one) called Florence and the Machine. I combined the two! I combined the two into a pun, superplus.

Papa consultant, I think I made you proud. Community Papa Consultant, will you see my soccer practice now? Papa Consultant? Oh no, are you seeing my brother spreadsheets again? But I can rake, papa, I can rake the tarmac!

PS: Florence and the Satisfactory Machines! Get it? Do you get it? The game has machines! Oh this guy. :D:p

superplus likes this.
  15. Lukasz83
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

16. Guillaume Torner
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

17. lepaladin
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

18. PraveenrajGanesan
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

19. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2019

20. T1557824803182