Vote NOW for our 5G Apps of Tomorrow winners!

1. V1551856620535 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

2. T1554366165496 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

3. John_Trevor1 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

John_Trevor1, Apr 13, 2019 :
    This is so true...

I can only find 2-3 possible winners from all these projects, I won't give any names because that wouldn't feel right, but it should be obvious for all of us that most of the of videos are poorly made and post-processed.

Can't understand how can some guys with a video of 39 seconds showing nothing and also having copyrighted music onboard occupy the second place, how can all these Chinese submissions all be related to the same topic, medical health, come on, OnePlus we were expecting a lot from you. Autonomous driving? Seriously? Have you ever heard about Tesla? Tesla has been already investing millions of dollars into this topic. What are those projects all related to 5G? Most of the projects here can be easily implemented using 4G, even 3G without any problems.

Not to mention that I feel like the entire contest is really biased and it is fairly visible that the top 5 Winners will be chosen so that the implied people are Chinese. The votes already show a huge difference between the top 5 and the rest of the projects. I tried to vote and there are already so many votes that my vote won't even increase 0,01%. Meanwhile while I was trying to vote, I noticed that the number one contestant on that list had 11% and after I refreshed the page it was 14%, how was that even possible?

Will all due respect to Oneplus, having such a great community and offering such a great opportunity for all the contestants to show-off their ideas, but not giving everyone of them equal chances to win is kind of a bad practise. I know you gained a lot of publicity organising this contest, since all of the voters had to make an account in order to vote, but at least offer everyone equal chances by having another panel of experts look into the projects without considering the votes because some of them do have some serious and futuristic ideas and they obviously won't recieve the attention and votes they deserve if the winners will only be chosen based on public voting.

I hope this message really gets attention from the OP.

Peace.

4. G_bhuvan_gowda_JlEU Donut Apr 13, 2019

G_bhuvan_gowda_JlEU, Apr 13, 2019 :
    I have given one revolutionary idea which is highly beneficial for day to day life,but this guy's not even reviewed my video ,this is not way to conduct event by multinational company..

John_Trevor1 likes this.
  5. Shajahankm Eclair Apr 13, 2019

Shajahankm, Apr 13, 2019 :
    beta 7 now running wright.....I am using op6t malaren

but page scrolling other work page this touch was very slow

espan the stech in (over Facebook) beta closed good. not good going

6. X1549568869633 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

7. Panna1945 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

8. T1555176426485 Cupcake Apr 13, 2019

9. wfa31 Eclair Apr 13, 2019

wfa31, Apr 13, 2019 :
    How?

Shajahankm likes this.
  10. Shajahankm Eclair Apr 13, 2019

11. A1540650233959 Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

12. G_Punam_Singh_riJF Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

13. ChaimKwakman Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

ChaimKwakman, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Super exciting!
    Together with a friend of mine we submitted the ALLIVE app idea! We had this idea for some time now, and this seemed the perfect opportunity to go an realise it hand in hand with OnePlus.

Really curious to hear what you guys think about it, all feedback and questions are more then welcome. And if you do like it, please give us a vote. We're gonna need it get to the top 5 ;-)

VOTE HERE: https://www.oneplus.com/5g/voting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks! <3

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019

Bouncer71 likes this.
  14. Hooboo Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

Hooboo, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Call for global partners for our 5G Application FOLLOW!
    [​IMG]

We are the team of 5G App FOLLOW. We would like to invite you to join us, to contribute to the next generation of indoor navigation technology, powered by 5G. No matter where you are. You can either be our global partner, provide good ideas to improve our app OR join our team.

[​IMG]

We formed our team in the OnePlus 5G Apps of Tomorrow China competition. Because of our App’s feasibility, relevance to 5G technology and business prospective, experts in this field awarded FOLLOW the first place.
    [​IMG]

I would like to first introduce our App and background of this competition.

[​IMG]

FOLLOW is an indoor navigation App. When the user enters an unfamiliar indoor environment, the App enables communication among the indoor 5G base stations and various 5G terminals, hence obtains the positioning information in the building through the triangulation measurement method. Therefore, navigation within the building could be achieved, such as parking spaces, finding people in the venue, looking for shops and other functions. If it is implemented smoothly, it will be of great help to both the venue administration (such as the airports, the shopping malls, etc.) and the customers entering the place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 5G is ground breaking technology. The 4G communication protocol only allows the mobile phone to communicate with a single base station. The 5G mobile phone terminal can not only achieve the communication among multiple base stations, but also with other 5G terminals, forming the Internet of Things, which makes it possible to obtain positioning information through 5G networks. The 5G uses a high frequency band, and the network base station distribution is denser. Positioning can also be more accurate by using 5G network.

Please refer to our demo video unde the link:
    https://v.qq.com/x/page/e08603iax03.html
    [​IMG]

OnePlus is worried manufacturers are focusing too much on hardware, and are neglecting the app experiences we’ll all need in a 5G future. That’s why OnePlus is launching the “5G Apps of Tomorrow,” which will challenge app developers to pitch ideas that will utilize the new 5G environment.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The five winners will receive a trip to OnePlus’s Shenzhen, China, headquarters to discuss their idea with Pete Lau, a 5G OnePlus device, access to OnePlus’ 5G experts and EE’s test environment, and financial support(50000 Euro) for a year to help get the app off the ground. Winners also receive assistance in making their 5G app idea a reality.
    [​IMG]

To make this happen, we have to win the forum voting first.
    If you think that FOLLOW is the one, please vote for us, we would be able to make this concept reality;
    if you have the same passion as us, please tell me how you think and how to improve this app, we would like to hear from you.
    We would like to take on a great journey with you, Please vote under the following link:
    https://www.oneplus.com/hk/5g/voting

Just click vote button (pic below)
    [​IMG]

Please reply our message with your contact info, we would like to open a closed group on Facebook OR Instagram to communicate with you and keep you updated on every step of our development.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

15. Bouncer71 KitKat Apr 15, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 15, 2019 :
    I really like your idea...!
    How do you plan to handle the copyright issues..?
    Most artist allow photos and short videos for private use and social media... But sharing a whole concert professionally cut together from hundreds of flicks is something different...

Do you have a business plan?
    What will it cost to download the concert video...?
    Will it depend on the royalties for the artist...?
    Will it only be available for visitors of the event and can it be included in the ticket price...?

Don't get me wrong...
    I'm really indulged by the idea to relive a concert I personally been to, but usually either the artist or the record company decide which they release...

Best of luck with the voting...! 8D

ChaimKwakman likes this.
  16. V1540636546958 Cupcake Apr 16, 2019

17. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Apr 16, 2019

G_Karothikeyan, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Gud luck to all............

18. JTKyan Cupcake Apr 16, 2019

19. KoenBR1987 Cupcake Apr 16, 2019

KoenBR1987, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Thanks so much, hope more and more people will embrace our idea and support it by their votes! See answers in red above!

Bouncer71 and ChaimKwakman like this.
  20. hennes KitKat Apr 16, 2019

hennes, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Sorry, please don't get me wrong, but since the new EU copyright reform from 15.04.2019, this App is not realisable without high costs.
    You need not only the consent of the artists, but also the rights of the responsible rights exploiters; in Netherland it's the Buma/Stemra, in Germany this would include the consent of GEMA, in Austria it would be AKM, in Switzerland SUISA, (ADAMI), in France ADAGP, SACEM, SACD, SCAM or SNAC, in Italy the SIAE, in Ireland the IRMA or IMRO, in Japan the JASRAC, in Canada the SOCAN, in Poland the ZAiKS, ZPAV, ZASP, SAFiT, ZPAP, SARP or ZAPA, in Russia the VOIS, in Spain the DAMA, in the USA the ASCAP and the BMI. I don't enumerate them all now, there are countless rights exploiters and they have to give their permission for something like this, and I fear that it will simply be expensive because they won't do it for nothing. Unfortunately we didn't get a fair-use rule, and as soon as you earn money with it in Europe it gets critical, because then you have to use the "upload filters".

Please don't get me wrong, i like your idea, but on the one hand I consider the project to be realizable with 4G/LTE, it doesn't need 5G, but I think it will fail because of the whole copyright problem.

Just my 2 cent.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

John_Trevor1, Hooboo and Bouncer71 like this.