VR oneplus 5T compatibility

1. F1511967479995
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2017

F1511967479995 , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Hi guys,

I've had a Oneplus 5T now for a few days and was wondering if anyone had used their phone with VR yet?

Curious what the quality would be like due to the display not being quad HAD but don't want to waste the money on it if it's not that good.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. tofylion
    Froyo Nov 29, 2017

tofylion , Nov 29, 2017 :
    I haven't gotten my hands on the phone yet (availability and stuff), but I'll give you my experience with other phones. Phones that had 1080p displays didn't look very good. They looked ok, but could be nauseous for some people. The good thing is that the reduction in resolution actually helps to keep a stable framerate (for games) and doesn't make the phone that hot. Every phone seems to get very steamy when I play any VR game or video, so keep that in mind as it also runs through the battery considerably fast.
    The thing is, I don't think it's worth it, in phones anyway. If you have an overpower PC and want to get a VR headset, then it'll be pretty cool, but just playing a video or a small game (always have bad controls) on VR isn't worth it. A Google Cardboard is about as cheap as it gets and might be the best for the money, but I still don't think it's that big of an evolution for phones. Maybe the GearVR is more optimised than just normal lens-headsets, but it's still way more expensive.

3. goldenlight
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2017

goldenlight , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Havn't had a chance to test out the VR feature. but with my 1+ I had the dpi set to 400dpi.. Any higher and things looked blurred.

4. vinaysharma76
    Eclair Jan 3, 2018

vinaysharma76 , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I tried to use my 5t with mi vr 2 headset. But magnetic click switch didn't worked. Visual are ok. Oneplus support didnot helped me for this issue.

5. vinaysharma76
    Eclair Jan 3, 2018