Wacom tablet through OTG possible?

1. sjoerdsein
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

sjoerdsein , Feb 12, 2015 :
    I was just curious: would it be possible to connect a Wacom tablet like an Intuos Pen & Touch or an Intuos Pro through OTG and have it working? Are there drivers you need to install or anything? Has anyone ever tried?
    I have seen YouTube videos where a guy does this and it works, but it's not with an OPO. (One of them)

How do you do this? I haven't got one of those tablets myself, but I might buy one secondhand in the near future.

ianseer likes this.
  2. ianseer
    Honeycomb Feb 12, 2015

ianseer , Feb 12, 2015 :
    I thought Wacom Tablet are not for mobile, the driver itself only for PC (x86 processor) never heard for Arm based. but after saw your video.... I'ts AWESOME!!! stay tuned! I'm gonna try it soon..
    OOT : I guess you're creative designer or an animator maybe? :p

3. ianseer
    Honeycomb Feb 12, 2015

ianseer , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Too bad... Not working on my Wacom Intuos 4. already try it with OTG cable... it turn on the light indicator (the small one) but nothing happened!

4. sjoerdsein
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

I'm not that of a creative person but I like to mess around with different mediums and create some stuff. But I don't really have the time to do such things because of school and stuff. I think I could create some cool looking images if I had more time to practice...

*Note it's not my video

5. sjoerdsein
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

Yes, reply to myself, I know...

I meant like, I'm not the person who comes up with the ideas, but more like the person who works them out. I do many different things like programming, CGI or drawing, but I never know what I have to make.

But let's stick to the topic: does anyone know how this Wacom tablet stuff works?

6. X1525423605625
    Cupcake May 20, 2019

X1525423605625 , May 20, 2019 :
    Wacom tablets (Intuos, Intuos Pro, etc) are compatible with Mac OS X and Windows only. So You can't find a wacom android driver for your Android OS tablet .

XP-Pen Deco Pro Drawing Tablet compatible with android 6.0 or higher devices . you can use stylus support 8K pressure and pen tilt function draw on the Android OS tablet . you can use apps like sketchbook and Deco Draw work well.

7. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 10, 2019

elanglois , Jun 10, 2019 :
    This is totally false. Wacom tablets are WELL supported on Linux and have been for years ... decades!

Since Android is based on Linux, you are good to go. As for x86, Linux is in C and these drivers contain no x86 assembly. It will work fine on ARM. The only question is if your kernel included the drivers

8. kla2z
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021