Wait for Nord or Buy OnePlus 8 ? via OnePlus 6

1. anubhs
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

anubhs , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Shall I wait for OnePlus Nord, or I shall buy OnePlus 8? I guess the processor of Nord is lower range, and Nord would just be a economical and affordable phone to grow market by OnePlus.
    OnePlus 8 or 8 pro are in my budget, and are premium also.

what should be the correct strategy friends?

I occasionally play games on phone, need a phone to fit in one hand, need FASTEST performance, both cameras should be nice if not the best.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    That will depend entirely on your needs, since nobody here knows you or your needs is impossible to give you a good opinion.
    Do a proper research on both devices and decide which one suits you better

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 16, 2020

fragargon, buntycubal and Caomhin like this.
  4. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 16, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Go for 8Pro, Nord and 8Pro is not even comparable :rolleyes:

5. anubhs
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

anubhs , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I edited, and wrote my requirements.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Jul 16, 2020

Scherpenseel , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Then the answer is clear??? OnePlus 8 (Pro) is the fastest.

fragargon and Tobikage like this.
  7. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

fragargon, buntycubal and Tobikage like this.
  8. malidan
    Nougat Jul 17, 2020

malidan , Jul 17, 2020 :
    The 765G v 865 there is not a debate to be had there.
    I would even buy the 855+ 7T or the 855 7 Pro before the lacklustre Nord, 5G really should not be a consideration at this time with the US still looking to oust Huawei.
    5G projects will end up being years behind and the tech will only get better, so don't follow the hype and buy wisely.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

Alvie and the_o2 like this.
  9. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 17, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 17, 2020 :
    You say lacklustre 765G, however with the new Rumoured hardware involved, it's very hard to make the comparison until the phone is released.

I can never knock a phone until the reviews are seen. Cameras, main board, AI, SOC and many other aspects.

It is an upper mid ranger, and that is what it is being marketed as, but wait for it to be released and see how it stands against other 765G phones with similar specs.

Always keep thine eyes opened.

10. malidan
    Nougat Jul 18, 2020

malidan , Jul 18, 2020 :
    At the proposed $399+ and compared to what is out there already, you bet.
    There is nothing new on the device and is is merely a repackaged OPPO( Realme)

The 765G was first seen last year and everything else that will be in the Nord has been seen already, so there is no new hardware that will be found in this device and OP will only raise the thermal limits to make the Nord the hottest 765 like the 8 is the hottest 865. I have already noticed reviewers trying to talk up the SD765G in preperation for the incomers, earlier in the year they were saying 765G didn't have enough performance to push the 120hz screen in the K30.🙄

But i'm looking forward to the crazy hype that will soon be upon us for just another midranged phone.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  11. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 18, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    So much of your info is so factually incorrect.

765G was announced in Dec 19, however was not released until a few months ago.

And please show me the links where it Factually states its an Oppo Realme device.

Also Factual links to the Thermals.

The exact pricing has not been revealed yet, only Rumoured details. Again RUMOUR nothing more.

Please do furnish us with details of where all this Factual information is available. Be interested to see all that. For a decent Mid to Upper range phone.

I await patiently. 😎[e]1f44d[/e]

12. malidan
    Nougat Jul 19, 2020

malidan , Jul 19, 2020 :
    US?
    You are waiting for years old information?

You say what I said isn't factual but where are the facts to back what you just said?

Typical fanboy nonsense.🥱🥱

I'm the wrong person to ask for facts 😂😂😂

I almost forgot what it was like on here, where people tell you produce what they can not produce themselves. History has shown that OP devices are always based on OPPO devices, I mean come on dude they just announced the were merging OP's imaginary R&D department into OPPO's.😂😂😂😂

The long in the tooth ( in Mobile industry terms ) K30 5G was announced in December and hit the streets on the 7th or January.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_k30_5g-ampp-9979.php

Realme X50 5G was announced and released in Jan 2020 in answer to Xiaomi.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_x50_5g_(china)-9990.php

So that is two SD765G's that have been out for virtually whole year and an SOC announced 2019 and not in recent months as you stated.
    Just incase you don't realise it the world is not India, I think some of you guys tend to forget this.

You will find numerous factual threads with thermal information posted by yours truly, with socs raging inside the zero thermal solutioned OP devices over the years.

The facts are the newest thing in this device will most likely be the 8 month old SOC

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1517...65-and-765-5g-for-all-in-2020-all-the-details

Come hype day just you run back here and compare these specs, swap the SOC and tell what do you get.🤭

https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_x50_pro_5g-10097.php

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  13. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 19, 2020

Alvie , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 19, 2020 :
    I think you're correct with the comparison with the Realme X50, of course not everything will be 100% the same but it does seem very similar on paper.

malidan likes this.
  14. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 19, 2020 :
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Alvie likes this.
  15. malidan
    Nougat Jul 19, 2020

malidan , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Yep those 0.1 digits on UM shaved off to fool people always get me , as if Sony would actually go to the trouble of mass producing such a miniscule change. 😂😂

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  16. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Lol, one definitely should be a genius to buy 765G based mid-ranger for the price of 865 flagships. I've already told you how much OP 8 EU version cost. Now it's $532. I doubt that there's any need to buy Nord, when its older brother is getting cheaper so fast. And only God knows, how long it will be supported. Maybe 3 years, but who would wait that long to check this matter out?

Who needs Nord for rumoured €500, when there're Poco F2 Pro, Black Shark 3 or OP 8? Even Mi 10 EU is almost there. New Google Pixel series is coming and old one is still there. Even that shitty SE 2, that I hate with my entire heart... I agree with Malidan, that getting last year flagship seems like a more decent idea.

And this dual front camera 🤮 It's there to be loved only by India fans thanks to its price cuts.

malidan likes this.