[Wake-up Call] Its.Leandroo: The disappointing state of OxygenOS (and apps)

1. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    It's fully understandable business plans won't be changed because of the forums, all we can do is observe and report. There have been plenty of threads started over the years on several issues people have experienced, i mean structural issues, that to date still exist. I think that's one of the reasons that reporting became complaining and after that became negative feedback.

The size of a company shouldn't matter, one organizes and builds a structure wihin an organisation to stay up to par with the future planning.

Of course decisions take time, we all understand and accept that but a lot what we are seeing, has been there for years now and little improvement is visible.

well they got away with it for a couple of years now, it seems the numbers of units sold are still increasing, however like you said, nagative voices have been risen, although I wouldn't call it all negative voices. Quite a few have started as constructive critisism and as time evolved became negative as the same issues kept popping up. I can only speak for myself when I say I don't need detailled answers when I raise an issue, what I want a solution. It's just when we don't get a solution and the same happens over and over again, the critisism will rise an different questions will be asked in a broader sense.

Sure and I hope OnePlus will be fair also toward the community

2. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

Mr. BG, McJader, Bobbie63 and 3 others like this.
  3. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 2, 2021 :
    He's the undercover CEO of Apple :rolleyes:
    He's all about nothing :rolleyes:
    Well, BBK has nothing to do with headphones and audio devi... Wait a minute!

4. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 2, 2021

derLenno , Apr 2, 2021 :
    That's why I wrote "didn't see him" as opposed to "he wasn't". What has Pete Lau that connects him with OnePlus, apart from his 20 minutes on stage at every launch and a name for a forums account that isn't maintained by him?

For me, nothing (no pun intended), for you that may vary

5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    I know OnePlus and Oppo merged their R&D teams, i don't know what that means though. All we can do is guess what influence it will have for the future, it doesn't necessarily have to be bad.

I have no idea who/what does what, when, where and why and i'm not really interested, all I'm interested is a well functioning device with good service that meet realistic expectations

Tbh, I think we are taking this thread way beyond it's intention.:oops:

6. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Nope, SVP at OPlus.

McJader, SJBoss and Dresa91 like this.
  7. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 2, 2021

sfomin , Apr 2, 2021 :
    honestly, i am surprised that nobody spun this story yesterday.

8. McJader
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

McJader , Apr 2, 2021 :
    You might be onto something here:rolleyes:

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2021

SJBoss , Apr 2, 2021 :
    He makes all the decisions, Period.
    This forum is mostly run by interns and Community team, now with all the great intentions community team can just "forward the feedback" if papa Pete's say no, it's a no. But if "hang on", "this is being discussed internally", "it's in the plans" makes you feel any better so be it.
    Point noted.
    Call it whatever you want, they're all under one umbrella corporate, that's BBK. Calling it OPLUS shows OPPO (as the major shareholder) is still under control of what and how OnePlus products came to be.

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Well, that was a great read, thank you! :rolleyes:
    Yes! I can even get these in custom ROMs. I like it, 100% agree.

As someone who has tested for Devs, AOSiP and others, I wholeheartedly agree yet again. Bizarre how a dev for a custom ROM/Kernels etc appreciate testers more than an actual OEM.o_O

Jesus! I'm almost a fanboy, almost mind you. But again this is just common sense, right?

Oh lordy! My realm and you're spot on.

:rolleyes:

Nothing, as mentioned above, a lone Dev will provide detailed changelogs, even when not really required.

I don't buy the bling either, I buy the basics which are well executed. OOS initially gained many fans because of its simplicity and "stock" feeling but with clever, practical and useful additions.

Back to doing things well in a clear, concise and thoughtful manner?
    I, and I suspect you, think so .

sfomin, SJBoss, Its.Leandroo and 3 others like this.
  11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 2, 2021 :
    It's wrong because it's wrong, no levels on this one. Security first then the rest. The cart before the horse, a chimney without a fireplace....

SJBoss, sfomin, Bobbie63 and 2 others like this.
  12. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 2, 2021

Its.Leandroo , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Don't become too much of a fanboy, it's dangerous! ;)

Yup, currently everything feels very rushed and more like a bunch of afterthoughts, rather than a well thought out piece of software.

13. avil25
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2021

avil25 , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 3, 2021 :

Or another explanation can be: You have to rush update because its two month since last update. so you have to release update with know issue because you don't have time to fix that bug. And after release you pretend you never encountered that one simple.

Its.Leandroo, Bobbie63 and Mr. BG like this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

15. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 3, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Nicely written, and although i don't have any problems with both OP phones i own despite being on beta, you make excellent points, which i have to agree with. Especially with the communication, or lack there of. I do my part as beta tester, but i'll have to wait until the next update too to find out if anything reported is really fixed. Same for when updates been paused, like with the 7 and 7t series for example. Saw the first post about a user saying the update "disappeared" before he could install it about 3-4 days ago, and many others after that, which would indicate it's been stopped. Yet we as users simply have to guess at that because there hasn't been any information shared about that by any team member to clarify that. I get you can't reply to everyone, but such post would be the least they can do in my opinion. I agree with the dare to pin this thread, i think it would do alot of users some good to read this, i only stumbled upon it by accident, otherwise i probably would have never found it.

16. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 3, 2021 :
    There is no proper communication channel between users and OnePlus. OnePlus staff pops up here and there in some threads and not regularly on community forum. The communications from the staff on any issue is when they deemed fit and not when users needed it. o_O

Caoimhín, McJader, Dresa91 and 3 others like this.
  17. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 3, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Yeah, i fully agree, which i think is wrong given they take so much pride in "listening to their community". I haven't been around here that long, but i thought that was part of the reason for having this community. Sad thing is, we can probably go on like this for a while only to see nothing change, while they have the perfect platform and means to do so. I mean no disrespect towards staff or developers, i just think a little more communication when things also go bad could go a long way here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021

18. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 3, 2021

Caoimhín and Dresa91 like this.
  19. deRykcihC
    Eclair Apr 4, 2021

deRykcihC , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    This thread should be push to more users. OnePlus has been greedy after 7 series successful. Ngl I won't purchase OnePlus phone anymore based on the situation right now, what I love is fast update and on time patches, but turn out they put their focus on how to get "Quad camera" or "Triple camera" on their flagship with a mono lens, and pushing their Shelf service which is useless imo. Now, my 7T camera can't even work properly on Stable version, pretty disappointing for a glorious team before.

sweggitity and Its.Leandroo like this.
  20. Sarthakspiker
    Eclair Apr 4, 2021

Sarthakspiker , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Very well written @Its.Leandroo!

To be honest i was almost gonna buy the 9Pro, but from my past experience, and recent blunders by OP, I think I'll just avoid OP until they actually step up their software game rather than just making blank promises and hyping.

Wake up call indeed.

sweggitity and Its.Leandroo like this.