Wallpaper issues... anybody help or are noticing a similar issue? via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. M1575293367558
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2020

M1575293367558 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 19, 2020 :
    Whenever I alter my wallpapers (ambient, home & lock screens) they never stay as I have selected. When I leave my phone on charge the ambient display reverts to the 'OnePlus photos' as the wallpaper selection... I use the OnePlus launcher with the Cometin app to design my ambient display but if I turn my device off or use the restart option, my phone reverts back to either stock wallpapers or something I've used in the past? My wallpapers generally come from Wallop and my icons are from Crayon Icon.

Does anyone know a fix for this as it's so annoying and really gets at me as everything I have put up to my OnePlus 7T Pro; it has taken in its stride... but this glitchy occurrence is so daft that there must be a work around or something I am not necessarily doing correctly?? I have the 8gb ram 256gb model. 8gb ram should be adequate to remember the wallpapers I set!?! (Btw, this was happening before I starting using the Cometin app... Cometin allows customisation of the ambient display without rooting.)

2. RobbM
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2020

RobbM , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 19, 2020 :
    I can't say I've ever had an issue with my wallpaper being reset.
    Cometin has nothing to do with OnePlus, so if you can set wallpapers on that and they're being reset, it'll be down to the app developer to fix it.

As for the homescreen/lockscreen wallpapers, are you setting the wallpapers directly through the OnePlus launcher, or through a 3rd party app? What wallpapers are you setting? The only reason the wallpapers should ever get reset is if the required image file cannot be found. Say you install a wallpaper app, set the wallpaper and then the app gets deleted, sometimes this can reset it back to default.

3. stjin
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2020

stjin , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Hey there, I am the developer of Cometin and can confirm that the Ambient Display module does not touch the wallpaper whatsoever. It sounds like the SystemUI or launcher crashes which is something I have not seen before with Cometin. Do you have any other apps or services running? that touch the system UI?

4. BiyikLi
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

BiyikLi , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 5, 2020 :
    Try the following :
    Go to app settings, type wallpaper (including system apps). Clear cash individually for all apps that have wallpaper text on their name. Do same for your home launcher app. Make sure that your home launcher app has access to your storage.
    Turn off your phone.
    Press and hold down volume and power buttons at the same time until you see Oneplus screen. Then release.
    Select language then select the option to wipe data and cash
    Next, select the option to delete cash ONLY!(This will not delete any of your data or system settings. However, the other two options will either delete your system settings or delete everything )
    Next select to reboot device.
    Set up your wallpaper settings as you wish.