Walsontop TPU Case Quick Review

1. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2014

Stefan Petit-Freres , Jul 29, 2014 :
    This was the first case that arrived of the four I've ordered from China through Amazon. Walsontop, the company that sells these cases, have 3 other colors of this type. I decided to buy the clear/white case.
    Other items in this package included a little piece of cloth, a screen protector and weird little parts that I assume are not used for anything. As expected, the TPU case can be easily deformed and after putting it on my OnePlus it doesn't fit snugly. Because of this, moving my thumb around the power button and volume slots causes the case to slowly come off.
    After sliding my fingers off and on the screen, I can feel the raised rubber lip that surrounds the phone. This is a good sign and hopefully can prevent any screen first impacts I may have in the future if I continue to use this case. Flipping my phone over reveals a translucent white backing within the case. It covers up that nice black sandstone I enjoy looking at and feeling, but that's the price you pay for protection.
    This case is a fingerprint magnet on the sides, but it's difficult to see unless it's a bright environment. All the ports on the sides as well as the microphones don't seem to be covered even after shifting the case around. Although, the power and volume buttons become awkward to press with this on.
    Other than these minor gripes, it came out just like I expected. It was a cheap buy and it delivered like a cheap buy.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pros: Light and Thin - No Ports Covered - Raised Edges
    Cons: Too loose - Gathers fingerprints easily on the sides
    Link: http://goo.gl/1ulCb6

2. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 29, 2014

Stefan Petit-Freres likes this.
  3. harharmahadev
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2014

harharmahadev , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review :)

4. garvine
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2014

garvine , Jul 30, 2014 :
    I'd hate to get a case that doesn't fit snuggly. Reaffirms my decision to pay more to get quality cases. But as a temp job, I can see its merits.

5. crimsonblades
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2014

crimsonblades , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Thank you for the review. I think it's great that you're ordering all these and giving us a heads up on the quality of them.

6. sirchadwick1
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

sirchadwick1 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Nice honest review, I like. I ordered the Tudia lite clear case and I'm hoping it's a little higher quality than this one. But I'm still picking up a Diztronic blue as soon as it's released on the 4th.