[WARNING] Never order the phone through another member's account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 27, 2014

drmartin , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Lately, we have seen a troubling trend that users are sharing account details in order to use an invite. This can lead to scams for both the one who sends the details, and the one who uses the details.

The original user of the account is able to reclaim their account, change the order and send the phone to a different address.

The shared details can also be used to steal personal information and commit scams against other forum users.

Please, if you get an invite but don't need it – DON’T CLAIM IT. If you do claim it, it is as good as gone.

If you are offered someone's account details to order the phone, don't become a victim.

As always, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. When receiving an invite, only accept the invite link, and claim it to your own account to order.

For more details on someone who was scammed, please read: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/beware-of-scams-long-rant.96352/

Also, remember the official policy on Invites:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/all-about-invites-to-buy-and-to-share.73854/

I claimed an invite but I'd like to transfer it to a friend. How can I do it?
    Invites are personal and account specific, and we are not able to transfer already claimed invites to another person's account. We have seen people trading or lending accounts with invites. OnePlus doesn't support this and if you do so you are in great risk of getting your account hijacked. We cannot help when this happens, since most of the times it's impossible to know the actual story.

Exceptions
    The only current exceptions of the aforementioned are those invites claimed by new accounts by the Guardians of the Invites. If you are offered account credentials by @Kallen or one of his Guardians, this is considered legitimate and you may proceed to order from that account. Always contact @Kallen to confirm that the account was used by a Guardian of the Invites for the sole purpose to claim an invite to distribute to a fellow community member.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014

2. furdy2
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

furdy2 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    THANKS

3. TomaszStalmach
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2014

TomaszStalmach , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this issue but I wandered why recently so many people try to give away their account. Now it is clear.

4. AVPATEL
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

5. bzong182
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

6. SASWATS
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

SASWATS , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Good info boss

7. pecana
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

pecana , Aug 27, 2014 :
    I got the same proposal this morning... And I obviously deny to do that :)

8. pecana
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

pecana , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Bit more datails...
    In my case the user started complaining about he received an invite but he could not buy it right now ...
    So I asked him if he could send me the invite so I could order mine and once received the resharable invites I would send one to him again.
    He said OK!!! let's do it...
    After few minutes he told me "Oh shit...." I unfortunately claim the invite :-("
    And then... "Well I can give you my account details so you can join and order it!" .. My reply was... "No man thank you!" ... Maybe he was not kidding and it was seriuos but... bettter not to know :)

9. sooskutty
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

sooskutty , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info.

10. rodriguez.da
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2014

rodriguez.da , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thanks

11. darthcoder
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

darthcoder , Aug 27, 2014 :
    The user @Dio9oMorai5 made me a similar proposition today.
    He had the phone,flip cover and screen cover already added to the cart.

I almost ordered it but better sense prevailed.

Please take appropriate action as needed. Thanks.

12. virgofiErce
    Donut Aug 27, 2014

virgofiErce , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Oh wow! Good thing you didn't fall for it!

13. sanitmaharjan
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

14. mohanbabhu
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

darbarshabbir likes this.
  15. oneplusone67
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

16. oneWAyup7
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

07Shanto likes this.
  17. huy3108
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

huy3108 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thank you very much for the information.

Xemnal and drmartin like this.
  18. rambg
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

19. And1-2k20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2014

And1-2k20 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    This is good advice. Forum members should practice common sense if it sounds too good to be true it probably is

20. Johnthescottishbarman
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

Johnthescottishbarman , Aug 27, 2014 :
    The rule is simple and it's the same rule everywhere on the internet. Never give away your account information or prepare for stealing, phishing, and other things finishing with "ing" :D