warranty issue via OnePlus Community App

1. Turbospeed440 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    so after 2 months my volume button broke and fell out. it was approved to send in for repair. does anyone know if the warranty department just throws them in a bin and gives you a new / refurbished one or do they actually repair the unit. also how long is the turn around time. htc took 45 days and I was ripped.

2. Swindlerz
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

3. Liehjan
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Liehjan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    It depends on the damage, but it arrives back as a factory reset device so backup your data! For me it took 10 days from the day I dropped it off to DHL

4. Turbospeed440 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    ok good. htc would give u a refurbished one. I was kinda pissed as the device was a few weeks old. does OnePlus still guarantee the device after repair or is it a one time use

5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Liehjan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    You can use the warranty as many times you need as long as the device is under warranty... But as you device has just the power button issue then they will change that and give you your device back.

6. Turbospeed440 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I'm curious as to how they will fix that and keep the integrity of the device. I mean it will have to come apart and as we all know once a device is apart they never seal or look the same

7. Turbospeed440
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

Turbospeed440 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    So I got my device back and I was right it is a refurb unit. Kinda disappointing after spending that kinda money.

Secondly once I powered the unit on it was on a very old version of 9.0 and would not get past the google assistance page. Had to factory reboot several times and manually update to 10.0 . You would think One plus would have all there devices up to date.

8. F_Javier_Marrero_kLGk
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM

F_Javier_Marrero_kLGk , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM :
    where did you contact exactly if I may ask? I need to send mine in.

9. Turbospeed440
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019 at 8:26 PM