[Warranty] Yellow band on the OPO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

chandelier , Jul 28, 2014 :
    well then i guess you have gotten a yellow tint which is not software unlucky one :(

like opo said all ones are alike as the quality control is high NOT

2. TeddyRuxpin
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

TeddyRuxpin , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Yeah, just look at some of my recent posts. i took a photo of the OPO and a Find 7a

3. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

i know but i don´t know how to help you... nor do i know what is causing this as software does not seem to be the point

4. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 28, 2014

zabakingboy , Jul 28, 2014 :
    No, quality is high. Dont you know that the pissy yellow is more popular? :p

chandelier likes this.
  5. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

XD don´t let them hear that they take it as a compliment

6. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 28, 2014

zabakingboy , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Shhhh

7. sabahi
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

sabahi , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Don't think the "latest" update is out yet they said soon

8. jdk2
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

jdk2 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    But the admins are the ones that have the final say in the matter, correct?

9. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

no they are like teacher watching over kids the government (opo headquarter) makes decisions

i don´t think they are really involved

10. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

you know first step is to keep this thread alive and spread the word to gather all user who are affected and therefore we need the thread for longer than 6 hrs

im surprised it is still alive anyway

backlight likes this.
  11. jdk2
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

jdk2 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I wonder if the typhoon in the China Sea is affecting their response?

sergiubsergiu likes this.
  12. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

they just do not want to settle

it is software it is hardware it is a feature we do not care as long that phone sells

13. Ag_andrea
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2014

Ag_andrea , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Anywhere Customer is king except in here... Usual answer "we give a refund no question to it" :( and pay the shipment back plus not refund for initial shipment !

14. oscarini
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

oscarini , Jul 28, 2014 :
    My batch 2014.07.08
    Received 2014.07.24

My display: Yellow band at the bottom.

15. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

Whats with that batch?! You are the sixth person in 2 days including me

16. newellj79
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

chandelier likes this.
  17. mrgoldielocks
    Eclair Jul 28, 2014

mrgoldielocks , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I received my phone last Tuesday and created a warranty ticket that same day. My phone has bands or lines drawn straight up and down, there is also ghosting.. Please view the image attached. I have only gotten one response since then, requesting more images... I'm pissed and not pleased at all with the device and support. It's gotten to the point where I want a refund not a replacement. IMG_20140724_220302.jpg

18. newellj79
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

newellj79 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Wtf? Certainly they will take care of that. I don't blame you for feeling like you do.

19. chandelier
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

hmm not the issue we are discussing but we are keen to hear if your matter is going to be solved and how
    I am intrigued if they will tell you that you can either send it back within 14 days and get refund but have to pay shipping cost or pay nothing and they make it a warranty case which you do not seem to be keen on

mrgoldielocks likes this.
  20. Fadeout
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2014

Fadeout , Jul 28, 2014 :
    WOW now that shit is broke!

I'm still convinced nothing will be done about this and I'm still super angry about it. It's been a month as of yesterday my opo is still yellow along the bottom. I've submitted 2 tickets and both were brushed off with the feeling of "We don't give a shit about you or the problem" from opo and left inconclusive after me submitting photos from another phone camera (S4) in darkness, daylight and then a professional DSLR with pro glass taken in daylight and you can most def see the nasty yellow smudges along the bottom. They aren't going to replace the device and they lied to my face about it, will I buy another phone from them, nope... tossing this one in the pile called "lesson learned" And for some of you who say it's a start up and we shouldn't expect perfection and to just live with it, well those comments are just asinine to me and no one should have to live with anything after handing hard earned money for a device that was promised to them in a working order.

superchinook, Ag_andrea and chopchopw like this.