Washed out HDR playback via OnePlus 7T

1. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 12, 2020 :
    So I was watching a HDR video on YouTube which I've linked below. It happens with all the video that supports HDR playback though.

The colours seem washed out while HDR content is being played. Although, everytime I switch to full screen and from full screen back to mini player, for a split second colours seem vibrant during the transition. And then, they go back to being washed out.
    I've turned on dark mode in YouTube so the white area is swapped by grey. Even here when regular non-HDR content is being played, the grey part which shows Video's info seems alright. But when HDR content is played, the grey part seems to become more lighter.

Is it just me or does everyone face the same issue?

I wouldn't even call it an issue if it's actually supposed to be like that. That would mean my knowledge of HDR content is wrong.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020

3. CoopDenver
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2020

4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 30, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 30, 2020 :
    But YouTube has restricted its contents viewing to 480p right for mobile devices?

5. CoopDenver
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2020

6. Rajesh_Mech
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

Rajesh_Mech , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I have the same problem while watching HDR content. I experienced this problem in Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, things look too dark and washed out on the screen. When you put Netflix in the Picture -in- Picture (PIP) mode, you can see your icon colours washed out and the grey areas are messy all over the display. OnePlus needs to fix this Immediately as display is the prominent thing in a Mobile Phone and that's what we look at everytime.

CoopDenver likes this.