We want a certificate of conformity

1. lmerega
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

lmerega , Jun 19, 2014 :
    Since OP has done a big mistake with the CE logo, I wonder if there is a standard CE certificate of conformity.
    I do not want to buy a phone done with toxic plastic or similar.
    Is there any documentation yet?
    I cannot find anything on the main site.

2. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2014

Hanson Lee , Jun 19, 2014 :
    Fact is that OPO is approved by CE but sadly they probably put a logo that is slightly different to what they want. Who would put toxic inside a phone. People already put it right up your genitals.

3. gregovitch
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

gregovitch , Jun 19, 2014 :
    If ther's no proper CE mark there's no certificate of conformity - I guess ;/

EDIT: OPO doesn't care about that, ChinaExport :)

4. NLxRoyal
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2014

NLxRoyal , Jun 19, 2014 :
    OP made the logo themselves so it's not ''legit''. They should have used the standard one :S

5. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2014

Too hardworking... making the logo themselves. They should be more hardworking on the invites and the upcoming pre-order.

6. mattc
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2014

7. NLxRoyal
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2014

NLxRoyal , Jun 19, 2014 :
    They #NeverSettle so did they with the logo but they should have settled with the logo! :p

8. kmax94
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2014

kmax94 , Jun 19, 2014 :
    So, In the end, is the phone CE certificate? Otherwise i think they wouldn't be able to sell it in Europe?

9. lmerega
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

lmerega , Jun 19, 2014 :
    This is what I'm afraid of...
    The problem is that to import something in Europe *LEGALLY* you need a certificate of conformity, you have to pass several tests, and so on.
    I hope they did it, or we will have an atomic bomb in the hands... :(

10. dabch
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

dabch , Jun 19, 2014 :
    it has to be if they want to sell it in Europe

11. DuB_Droid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2014

12. evilone
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2014

evilone , Jun 19, 2014 :
    and chinese distributors puts it in baby milk surrogate so why not in a phone

13. lmerega
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

14. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2014

Maybe they should have just put it in condoms. You know how the one-child policy is there right? They wanna have fun they gonna equip a condom.

evilone likes this.
  15. lmerega
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

lmerega , Jun 19, 2014 :
    Found it.
    If you put only 2ABZ2 in the grantee code, you have a full page of documents.
    So FCC-ID is not a fake :)
    Let's hope for the CE declaration...

16. gregovitch
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

17. ectoraige
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2014

ectoraige , Jun 19, 2014 :
    The CE Declaration of Conformity is self-issued. It is a declaration by the manufacture that they comply with all relevant European Directives. If found to be in contravention of these, they are then liable for prosecution. While a company can have outside agencies such as TUV perform tests and issues specific certs, there is no requirement.
    When you see the CE mark it means that the manufacturer thinks their product is good enough that they are willing to be prosecuted if it's not. It's up to you to decide if you trust the manufacturer, the EU don't test in the same way the FCC do.

18. redav
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2014

redav , Jun 19, 2014 :
    Its would be practically impossible for it not to conform to CE standards electronically, the only issue would be with housing materials. I think this is a very stupid error to make. The smart thing to do would be to produce new back covers and have them shipped, keep the phones at customs and combine the shipping, not send the phones back! This also begs the question about the winners of the contests. They have a non CE compliant device and in effect invalidates the warranty!

19. Airbag888
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

Airbag888 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Has anyone found a Declaration of Conformity yet?
    I found one but it looks a bit fake.. see attached. Plus it's in german. I'm looking for one that's in English.

Attached Files:

20. wsuess
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

wsuess , Sep 16, 2014 :
    It would also interest me. I'm a family father with to little kids around me. And - as mentioned before while I have in my pocket I don't want my nuts burned and toxed away. Wife is looking for more kids ;) ... Andy hard facts about the CE yet?