Answered

we want a lot from are mobiles

1. robertgratton Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

robertgratton, Aug 16, 2019 :
    smartphones are getting better and better and we want to have the best we want them blazing fast we want crystal clear screens one big enough screens to see and great cameras and we want lots of features andwhynot smartphones are expensive I think they should not release a new mobile until they are thoroughly tested them giving say a 100 out to members of the public before they go into mass production and iron out any faults and make them better before they go into production but often this doesn't happen my be thare in to much of a rush to get them out when it would be better even delay say for a year to get it right thare is no reason y manufacturers can't produce top phones what I will say keep the pop up camera as to have a full screen is brilliant and to be honest it's put me off buying a phone that dose not have a full screen a good manufacturer all ironed out any weak points in its next production if they do that they be on to a winner

2. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Aug 16, 2019

Gav_W86, Aug 16, 2019 :
    They are widely tested before release. The difficulty is a) they are now vastly complicated (each phone already has millions of times more processing power than the computers that took man to the moon), b) there are billions of potential set ups (millions of apps, hundreds of networks, many countries, etc etc etc). It is impossible to test every scenario. All code has bugs (the systems in the Apollo space missions crashed and they were amongst the most checked code ever).

3. robertgratton Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

yes I see your point but mobile phones are not new been out for some time and been said the camera chould be a lot better that sure surely a easy thing to have these days hope the next phones they have dresses this and in my opinion the screen could be wider as this world make a better experience it's certainly tall enough and improve the sound from speakers this again will be easy to adress the company chould make the best phones but only time will tell yes we do except a lot but when we are paying nearly £800 for the 12 g one we do want the best for are momey like I say no phone perfect but some times they release a mobile with silly little mistakes that make the difference between a good phone and a great one

4. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Aug 16, 2019

Gav_W86, Aug 16, 2019 :
    there are some great shots taken with OP, there are also some awful ones. At least some of it is down to the user understanding the situations they are in. There are always improvements to be made in the phone automatically trying to work out how to take the best shot in a scenario - it is one of the reasons that OnePlus often has blind test questionnaires on here asking about which shot people prefer in different circumstances, they can tweak the algorithms accordingly.
    Making phones taller is easy, it doesn't really affect how people can hold the device, making it wider does make a huge difference in terms of fitting in the average hand. For regular smartphones we are probably at peak width, it is why various manufacturers are now looking at foldable devices, and hopefully the tech for that will actually get perfected at some point soon.
    There will always be limited scope to improve sound from speakers due to space, power consumption and dust/liquid ingress constraints. Smaller driver technology has improved a lot in the last decade, but people want more packed into devices with limited size growth, and they also want them to be water resistant....there will have to be different technology leaps to make that work.
    There will always be compromises in fast changing technology, especially as at the end of the day people have to buy them in large numbers.

5. robertgratton Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

of course some will not like the model for some reasons and outhers will love it but if most say thare something wrong say with the sound not being as good as say a top Samsung phone and with the camera then clearly thare are room for improvements I hope the manufacturer of this phone is looking at these points don't get me wrong thare are moving in the right way but hopefully the next one they bring out will be better in the points I mentioned but please keep the pop up camera because I think that is so much cooler than the other way which is to have a cut out or a notch because I would not want to buy one of these I much prefer a pop-up camera with fullscreen iam sure they will improve they do get a thumbs up for being difficult I look forward to bet one out and hopefully they will fix things that stop it being right at the top I believe they can

6. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Aug 16, 2019

Gav_W86, Aug 16, 2019 :
    they are always looking at improvements, but it has to be balanced with the business model and the price point. If adding a feature that is important to 20% of people adds x to the cost, and that x increase loses 25% sales (as a random example) then it is not worth it. You only have to look at the amount of criticism the 7 Pro got for the price jump to see the effect. That is the difficulty of business.