We want ESIM feature in upcoming OnePlus device. via OnePlus 7

1. tanmoypaul92
    Froyo Nov 25, 2020

tanmoypaul92 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 25, 2020 :
    As we all know that other OEM like google, samsung are providing ESIM on few models. I am just thinking OnePlus should come up with ESIM feature on upcoming models.

What do you guys think about this?

2. Cassius N.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Nov 25, 2020

Cassius N. , Nov 25, 2020 :
    eSIM for sure is very important, and it has loads of convient features. Samsung Gear S2 is the first smart watch that support eSIM, then followed by Apple's watch 3. We, OnePlus is trying to create a connected ecosystem for our users through customized/personalized features, so stay tuned for our future products and enjoy a digital lifestyle with OnePlus 24/7 :)

3. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2020

asishgrwl , Nov 25, 2020 :
    Yes absolutely. :)

4. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2020

asishgrwl , Nov 25, 2020 :
    Can't wait..;):D

5. Melinda M.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Nov 25, 2020

Melinda M. , Nov 25, 2020 :
    eSIM is a digital SIM card that allows end user to activate the cellular mobile number provided by the carrier without using a physical nano-SIM card.We already attached attention to this growing requirements, use cases and communicating with carrier partners on eSIM feature. Currently not all carriers support eSIM, still a lot of work to progress. OnePlus is on the way. In current stage, eSIM solution is mostly applied in IOT product lines.

Amanda W., tanmoypaul92 and YRJ like this.
  6. ElliottHarrison
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2021

ElliottHarrison , Jan 16, 2021 :
    I'm very surprised the one plus 8t does not support esim. I have been using Google fi for 3+ years now and haven't needed a Sim card. I was surprised that even the iPhone started supporting esim recently. I bought the One Plus 8t and just assumed it had esim support. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for Google to send me a Sim card. Pretty bad first time experience for one plus. Is this brand falling apart? Seems like this should have been done a while back. Or they should communicate it more clearly when purchasing the phone

7. Marius_Herlea
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2021

Marius_Herlea , Jan 28, 2021 :
    As a OnePlus user i choose it as iPhone alternative, and now OnePlus model doesn't follow iPhone feature (from iPhone 11, they implement esim...) ?