We Want You! Closed Beta Testers for OnePlus 8 Series

1. ronnyhawks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

ronnyhawks , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Totally different phone. Will not be included in the 8 series CBT, because it isn't an 8 series device 🤦🏻‍♂️

2. hrkiran8
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

3. H1593772403132
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2020

H1593772403132 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 21, 2020 :
    It's a good movement it will be really nice if the beta program gives priority to display calibration improvement as it is required the most for the 8series device so many issue is been faced by several users it will be good if the priority is given to that including uniformity issue black crush dark grey problems etc......looking foryfrom u guyz

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 21, 2020 :
    If you just bought iPhone 11 and suddenly the new SE drops... Some would feel cheated and disappointed by that too...
    People felt cheated for buying a 7 series right before 7t too...
    Some probably feels cheated for eating a burger and later finding out that a similar but cheaper burger could be found just 10 minutes away...

A cheaper phone was rumored early at the start of 8 series rumours. Waiting and hoping next phone is a better purchase or just grab what exists now... But even then... Price cuts can happen just right after you have bought it too...And then perhaps next phone that interests you pops out and....

Shubham_Ag. and Igge_1971 like this.
  5. Lnkz
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2020

Lnkz , Jul 21, 2020 :
    Oh, don't you dare!! XDD
    If this happens to 8 series...
    It's always this game - wait or buy. New phones appear too fast.

6. B1592306443417
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

B1592306443417 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Yes ofcourse.... but they upgrade the version for with new features and they won't sale it different name with same feature which they released just one month back.. i agree with you that new technology wil com and older will loss their value.in this case neither a new technology came nor the 8 series becam old... one plus feels me like a. purchasing tomato in market. just keep another name and make sell it even lower and we compare it previous tomato, we buy more...... just they overpriced the one plus 8 to make one plus nord cheaper.... simply it's a marketing strategy and making fool of one plus 8 customer. .

7. sri4oneplus
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

Swejuggalo likes this.
  8. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Dude.... Surely you realise you shouldn't be writing this on the public forum?

9. HVS_RAW_00747
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

HVS_RAW_00747 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    I think he might have not signed the NDA just yet..... 😅

SteveCP

Dude.... Surely you realise you shouldn't be writing this on the public forum?​

10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

Or read it 🤣

11. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

Maybe not classified but he is now a target for everyone wanting to know what is or isn't included in the CBT. People will be badgering him of OP don't pull his invite.

If he can't keep quiet about this then what's to say he can keep quiet about the important stuff?

Swejuggalo likes this.
  12. sri4oneplus
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

Not lame, I work in close protection and NDAs are our bread and butter, to me it obviously means a lot more than to you, I wouldn't have disclosed to anyone that I was part of the CBT as now everyone who reads your post knows and there will be those that will contact you with regards to it

14. sri4oneplus
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

sri4oneplus , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hmm cool.

I sign one to two serious NDAs almost every month for my work too as most of processor projects are next gen.

I agree to the point that it may attract questions from few people.

The only part I cannot agree is, people asking questions does not mean we reveal classified info.

I feel OP devs are most vulnerable to questions still their identity is not kept secret. CBTs identity is least concern, I think that's why NDA did not add any clause to maintain identity of tester as secret.

15. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

I'm not saying you would but in my line of work NDAs include not speaking about the client we are working for and for 6 months following our end of employment.

16. sri4oneplus
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

sri4oneplus , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Yeah, I get it.

The rule we follow in general is,
    - If recruitment is published on a larger platform, secrecy of identity is not a clause like how current CBT program is working.

- If recruitment is published more and more private, secrecy of identity becomes a clause and may become more serious even demand life long secrecy in cases too.

In hardware/software, from what I saw over years, atleast 90% NDAs does not demand secrecy of identity. But it demands strict secrecy of product details (some cases even a build number is kept secret).

Law/Medical etc... domains 90% needs secrecy of client even up to life time in many cases.

SteveCP likes this.
  17. PatRick030
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

PatRick030 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones to be accepted for the closed beta. I wish everyone that did receive the invitation best if luck, make us proud and be sure to stay sharp and demanding ;-)