Week 13 Update: More Specs & Phone in a Box Contest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmanuel
    Marketing Mar 15, 2014

Emmanuel , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Dear friends,

Spring is just around the corner and we are getting closer to Q2, the period during which the OnePlus One will be revealed and be available in the first ten countries.

Our CEO Pete unveiled two important specs of our future “flagship killer” last week: battery and screen. The OnePlus One will be powered by a 3100 mAh non-removable battery that will, as Pete promised, last long enough to get your smartphone through the entire day. And if that is not enough, our first device will come with a “Mystery Tech” developed by our team which will enhance user experience and maximize performance.

Regarding display performance, the OnePlus One will have a beautiful 5.5” 1080p JDI display with 400+ PPI and TOL (Touch On Lens) feature. As Pete announced, the OnePlus One will have one of the best screen-to-bezel ratios on the market. For those who think a 5.5” screen is too wide, we’ve created a device that can easily be hidden underneath a 5” screen Sony Xperia Z1!

In other news, we have also revealed one of the first photos taken with our upcoming device in our latest “Guess the OnePlus One Photo” contest. There’s only one day left to participate, so enter the contest now for a chance to win some amazing Never Settle prizes.

If Never Settle prizes are not enough for you, we suggest you drop in again next week to try for the ultimate thrill: flying to Hong Kong and being the first to touch our never-before-seen OnePlus One! Find out more here and get your passport ready!

Have a good weekend.

Never Settle

arof, jimmydc, psymin and 21 others like this.
  2. May I Taste
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

3. Azdian
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

Azdian , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I thought the phone will be announced on march 16 :(

can't wait, very excited

[​IMG]

4. vlad
    Donut Mar 15, 2014

5. Deactivated User
    Mar 15, 2014

6. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

7. D9inho
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

D9inho , Mar 15, 2014 :

Hi Emmanuel,

Would you mind putting something to rest about the actual size of the OPO....It obviously has less width than the Z1, but what about the length? If we already have a general idea on the width then there's no harm in confirming something about the height no? ;)

muddy46 likes this.
  8. Jaice Joy Skaria
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

9. Evan73
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

10. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Mar 15, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Every week this thread becomes more interesting ;) can't wait for what's to come next week!!

11. jonski369
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

jonski369 , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Regarding this contest... Will we be able to touch and look at the phone or do we have to do it with our eyes closed? :)

12. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

13. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

Chinda , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Passport is ready :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014

14. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 15, 2014

ykanakakis likes this.
  15. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

Andrew Z , Mar 15, 2014 :
    @Emmanuel, I really hope that OnePlus considers EU to be 1 "country". We have one monetary policy, fiscal policy guidance and foreign policy, so from all scientific criteria we are one country :p United States of America are treated as one country, so should the United States of Europe :)

As I understand there should be no legal and logistics issues to ship to other EU countries, when you already are present in at least 1 EU country. Oppostyle does that great in whole EU!

Will hope for the best!

nguser, Jakub Smolar, simon16 and 4 others like this.
  16. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

Andrew Z , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Emmm... Chinda, are you sure it is a good idea to publish your passport photo on internet?
    Just saying...

BTW there is also your signature...

Azdian likes this.
  17. Imlb
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

Imlb , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Hi @Emmanuel,
    Please tell us the dimensions of phone because its making everybody crazy who wanted 5-5.2" Screen size phone. I know we will be having one of the best screen ratio phone but its killing me and others. Pleeezzzz...

Attached Files:

18. plikmuny
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

plikmuny , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I am so excited to hear the latest announcement & contest winners.
    I hope one day i will win this contest.

19. Salva
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

20. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

Chinda , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Good shout thanks, deleted my photo just incase haha