Week 197: We Hit up Paris, Land in Australia, and Updates All-around

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Sep 22, 2017

Chris dB, Sep 22, 2017 :
    forum_197.png
    With adventures in both Australia and France, this past week was densely packed with stories worth sharing over a bonfire. You’re going to have to imagine the bonfire, or light your own, but we have the next best thing to give you guys a taste of the action. So get your marshmallows ready, and let’s dive into this week’s update. (Disclaimer: You should not light a bonfire in your bedroom.)

Rock the Trianon
    Amidst lots of drinks, snacks, and Never Settle spirits, @Carl and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac took to the stage at the Trianon in Paris for the launch of Callection. With the Castelbajac family around to answer questions on our exclusive partnership, an enthusiastic crowd, and an overload of style, the event was absolutely rocking. The party continued on the 22nd at colette, as we started selling the first pieces of the Callection to hungry fans from around Europe. For a taste of the event at the Trianon, take a look at the video below.

Enter Callection
    Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is widely renowned as an almost-iconoclastic designer defined by his contrarian approach to fashion and art. His work has conquered the world with its entrancing chromatic flourishes, and daring resistance to convention. As a fellow disruptor, we harbor great admiration for JCC has accomplished, and it was only natural for us to partner with him. Seriously, this guy’s work is dope and you’d be doing yourself a disfavor if you didn’t check out some of his best designs. So, to partner with JCC was something of a coup for us. For months, we worked together on a series of products deserving of this partnership. The final result is the Callection. The JCC+ Limited Edition OnePlus 5 is of course the crowning jewel, a tasteful, yet whimsical reimagining of our flagship device. But, the holster, cap, tote, and shirts are all worth checking out.

Let’s Meetup, Australia
    Good food, good drinks, and good people. Our Fan Meetups in Sydney and Melbourne absolutely belong on our ‘would do again’ list. Both events were attended by droves of fans, who arrived with plenty of burning questions and left with more than enough swag. When you’re working on a product for months on end hunkered down at your desk it can be easy to forget what you’re doing it all for. Meeting you all in Australia reminded us of our mission. Thank you for joining us, everyone! Can’t wait to be back.

Open the Beta
    A new Open Beta is now available for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Alongside a few minor fixes and some obligatory bug squashing – speaking of which, anyone got any tips on how I might get rid of the cockroaches in my apartment? – this update also features our independent security patch against Blueborne vulnerability. We’ll continue to roll out new open beta updates in the future, so keep an eye out for those. If you haven’t yet joined our Open Beta program, please refer to the downloads page.

Individual Updates
    Whenever we release a new update for OxygenOS, many of you spend quite a bit of time digging through our changelog looking for the latest changes. Keeping our software fresh, stable, and exciting is key to what we want with OxygenOS. We want to get the latest updates to you even faster though. To that end, we’re proud to announce Individual Application Update. Thanks to this new feature, OnePlus 5/3/3T users can upgrade their favorite OnePlus applications to the latest versions on Google Play without having to wait for a full system upgrade. Check out the thread for more information.

What a week it’s been! Thanks for reading this week’s update everyone. We’ll be back next week with an all-new Weekly Update, provided I can catch my breath before then. Enjoy your weekend.

2. karpersmurf Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2017

aris, spartan2024 and pa5t1s like this.
  3. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 22, 2017

camohan, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Australia is one of the toughest market to enter and if things done right, it can become a favorite one in no time.

Good to know the meet up was as expected..!!

Cheers..!!

4. pratik4572 Gingerbread Sep 22, 2017

pratik4572, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Oneplus 5 open beta when??? And don't care about security update for your latest device? Oneplus 3 3t gets update early then oneplus 5????why???????????

5. peaky blinders Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2017

peaky blinders, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Not got the OP5 only the 3T and I mentioned this a few times that I felt security patches should be pushed separately to the OS updates.

OP said they are going to do this with OP3/3T but so far it's been added to the latest version and I think after Oreo has come the 3T it will get a few patches then end but OP5 should have these pushed.

TripleEYE and pa5t1s like this.
  6. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Sep 22, 2017

Chris dB, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Thanks for the shout-out! Entries for the DJI OSMO giveaway ended on September 15, but we'll be back with more giveaways soon. Keep an eye on our contest page.

aris, karpersmurf and pa5t1s like this.
  7. pa5t1s Marshmallow Sep 22, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  8. karpersmurf Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2017

karpersmurf, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Where is the winner announced then? As in the thread it says that the winners would be announced the 16th.

Sam Nakamura and pa5t1s like this.
  9. ChrisTerp KitKat Sep 22, 2017

pa5t1s likes this.
  10. WasimAB Froyo Sep 22, 2017

11. meatandy Nougat Sep 22, 2017

meatandy, Sep 22, 2017 :
    @Dunnow scored that one.
    Thanks for the weekly , Chris

I think those white 'designer art' thingies from the Callection would make great holloween costumes.

Also , Congrats to @terruca for winning a op5 in Australia.

terruca and pa5t1s like this.
  12. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2017

meatandy and pa5t1s like this.
  13. jlasensiofi KitKat Sep 22, 2017

jlasensiofi, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Thanks for a new update @Chris dB, although as you say this week is absolutely shocking :)

On the one hand, that impressive, colorful, breakthrough and daring presentation of a jewel of a work of art such as the JCC + Limited Edition OnePlus 5. Daring, elegant and original are some of the words that I can dedicate to my taste. It's a shame I already have my OnePlus 5 :(, which if I would not buy it with my eyes closed :rolleyes:

The success of the presentation in Sydney and Melborne is one more teacher of the extio that little by little has been harvesting OnePlus, well deserved and very well worked.

The idea of being able to access OnePlus applications individually is great. It is a great success.

And with all the news, every day more happy to belong to the Community of OnePlus.

Enjoy until next week.

Never Settle.

pedronisio likes this.
  14. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 22, 2017

Dunnow, Sep 22, 2017 :
    Still cannot believe it o_o

Just got home, opened the forum and saw so many quotes and tags in the thread and I was like, there's no way, it has to be something like a finalist or something like that.

Damn I'm glad I was not just that. :p

15. lostLambda KitKat Sep 23, 2017

16. obol2 Honeycomb Sep 23, 2017

obol2, Sep 23, 2017 :
    did you won that or not?

17. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Sep 23, 2017

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Sep 23, 2017 :
    Congrats :) . Please let me know how that thing is. Now i have to buy it :mad:

meatandy and Dunnow like this.
  18. barath_000 Gingerbread Sep 23, 2017

19. SnapDragon01 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2017

20. El Diablo Cupcake Sep 23, 2017