Week 203: We see the T, Capture Beautiful Portraits, and Foodies Everywhere

1. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

stephenboyo , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Someone needs to warn June launch OP buyers that a T version would be available in November that way OP might cancel releasing it's beta phones in June without enough sales and go straight to the main flagship.

dboyrusky likes this.
  2. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

Is this true in reality or just OP's own version of events?

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

To be honest OnePlus hasn't much of a choice in the matter of headphone jacks or not, parent company OPPO is responsible for design decisions and produces one design for all its 3 brands, so if OPPO had come out with a no headphone jack design then OP will go with it and come up with a different explanation. It's all down to what OPPO decides is expedient regardless of what Carl PEI and others think. Obviously they might influence that decision but ultimately it's a single design for all three OPPO brands

ScareYa, G_plusone and dboyrusky like this.
  4. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

Lol you're obviously new to OP. That won't happen. OP can't afford it and they don't have a recycling policy to discount the OP5T with exchanged OP5. It's the same as last year OP turned a blind eye to OP3 owners who asked to part exchange their phones for the 3T. Best to sell your phone on eBay and get something back for it. You should have checked the forum before purchasing the OP5, there were lots of threads about OP potentially pulling a fast one on OP5 customers with a 5T in November.

dboyrusky likes this.
  5. yfan
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2017

yfan , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Umm. My earlier post was not a statement of grievance. I'm not complaining that OP is releasing a 5T. I don't regret purchasing the OP5, not for a second. I know that my OP5 won't suddenly stop functioning just because there's a new phone. And I'd be happy to keep the 5 and continue to use it. But I'm just saying that if they give us a good enough deal, I'll upgrade. If not, I'll still be very happy with what I have.

6. Tiwi1990
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2017

dboyrusky likes this.
  7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

Ok that's cool. It's just because most people felt OP could have given them a choice of either phone last year but it's their defacto policy now to release one in June and an upgraded version in November but it isn't official so there's no guarantee that waiting till November will yield a 6T next year. I stuck with my OP3 too

8. dboyrusky
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2017

dboyrusky , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Truuu

9. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2017

ShortyEx , Nov 5, 2017 :
    I see the patch update for the OP2 is not mentioned here. The same question got asked by @dsmonteiro and me but we did not receive any answer in the dedicated thread. Could you clarify if the patch-update disables data collection? Thanks!

dsmonteiro likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 5, 2017

malidan , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Reality? No much of that going on here I'm afraid;)

ilovesoneplus and stephenboyo like this.
  11. lutti
    KitKat Nov 6, 2017

lutti , Nov 6, 2017 :
    Yeah. Then again perhaps people could just NOT buy the latest model but instead look at the features and specs and use their head ...hmm yeah well that's not going to happen.

Retr_0 likes this.
  12. Retr_0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2017

Retr_0 , Nov 6, 2017 :
    haha, it's a multi platform game , it isn't available on a Nintendo console

13. Retr_0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2017

Retr_0 , Nov 6, 2017 :
    I still have a 3 , latest tech inst the greatest anymore

lutti likes this.
  14. netikjoshi98
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2017

15. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 6, 2017

stephenboyo , Nov 6, 2017 :
    Well people are not wired that way, the sight of a newer flashier version of their phone will all the errors corrected will get them weeping with regrets...

lutti likes this.
  16. zoarquenix
    Froyo Nov 6, 2017

zoarquenix , Nov 6, 2017 :
    Cannot agree more. I admit, I'm kinda dissapointed, like, how come this happened? OP5 has just released. And after all the hype, they continue to release the Soft Gold version. After that, another limited edition of OP5 released too. How long is it per release? About a month? And now it's like you're abandoning OP5 and going to release another device. It feels like the initial released device without the TEA is just an empty cup for others to fill in the water. xD
    I'm not gonna upgrade tho. I love my 5 anyway.

After the 3 with 3T.
    Now 5 with 5T.
    With this, people would be very careful on your next release on 6. Sales could go down because more will wait for your cup of TEA.

abhinandanbr19 likes this.
  17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 6, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 6, 2017 :
    OP2 -> OPX -> OPX Ceramic ed

Release of OPX ment OP2 support was halted for quite a while. Then OP2 was the only one getting updates. Then neither of them.

OP3 was released and OP2 and OPX were forgotten completely. No official statement from the company about their fate, just a small comment in the 10th page of a thread...

abhinandanbr19 and G_plusone like this.
  18. mgrosse
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2017

mgrosse , Nov 6, 2017 :

19. mgrosse
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2017

20. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 6, 2017

G_plusone , Nov 6, 2017 :
    Wow.
    In the Weekly Review, these guys are becoming omnipresent