Week 210: We Serve, Celebrate, and GET SANDSTONED

1. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Chris dB, Dec 22, 2017 :
    forum-big (1).png

Even when you’re 210 weeks in, every week at OnePlus feels like a milestone. The only way to keep up with the world of tech is to move faster yourself. With the year’s end now in sight, some of the biggest tech media are starting to hand out their awards, while our community has started to speculate as to what might be coming in 2018. There’s still plenty to come in 2017 however, let’s take a moment to reflect on some of the biggest stories of this week.

OnePlus, At Your Service!
    Never Settle is about much more than building devices that live up to the expectations of our users. We’re also committed to ensuring their experience with OnePlus is smooth throughout. Any piece of tech is made up of thousands of fragile components, and even the world’s greatest quality control system can’t render a smartphone invincible. Our growing Customer Support team has you covered in case you encounter any problems. In our first-ever Customer Support AMA we sought to give you guys some insight into our process, while answering your questions regarding Customer Support. Thank you all for joining our latest AMA on the forums! If you didn’t get the chance to participate, be sure to check out the thread anyway (your question might already have been answered.)

Face Unlock For 5-Year Olds
    When I was 5 years old, I was too busy trading Pokémon cards to concern myself with technology (apart from the old Windows 95 computer in my dad’s office). Tech played a somewhat ephemeral role in my life back then, but today’s 5-year olds are far more in-tune with tech than I was. So, we decided to make even the more complex parts of our tech accessible to kids. In our latest deep-dive on Medium we explain that Face Unlock isn’t a magic gnome trapped in the world’s tiniest prison locked inside your phone, but a series of processes that work together to identify your face and unlock your phone. Don’t miss it! (Appeals to people over 5 as well.)

Reflecting on Sandstone
    Sandstone has been a part of OnePlus history since the very beginning. By being both practical, thanks to its grippy texture, and unassumingly beautiful, Sandstone has come to define OnePlus design. At HQ, we all have our favorite sandstone memories. The OnePlus Sandstone Soap remains a favorite around the office (If you’re not literally scrubbing your skin off your hands, you’re not doing it right). We can’t celebrate 4 years of OnePlus, without reflecting on this signature material. Have any fond memories of sandstone yourself? Join us in the thread now.

Merry OnePlus
    Like a bunch of kids, we simply couldn’t wait to get the holidays started! So, we started the party early this week as we got the team together for a game of Secret Santa. Gifts were exchanged, reindeer were impersonated, games were played, chocolates were consumed, and much fun was had. But, we’re not done handing out gifts yet. Keep your eye on our software updates, for a tasty treat this way comes! What are you guys doing to celebrate this most merry of holidays?

Thanks for reading this week’s update, friends. Whether you’re frolicking in the snow or languishing by the beach this weekend, we wish you all happy holidays and a merry ole time.

2. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 22, 2017

3. Chris dB Social Media Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Chris dB, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Visiting Taiwan with the family this year, switching things up. :D
    What about you?

4. mr_priyanshu Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

mr_priyanshu, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Merry Christmas everyone!!

May Santa gift a bug fix update to those using Oreo.(on their OnePlus device)

5. Cheetosdust KitKat Dec 22, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 22, 2017 :
    As usual, thanks for the update, it’s a nice way to recap the week.

Merry Christmas @Chris dB and to all the OnePlus team. You guys had a rollercoaster of a 2017.

What's that now? ;)

6. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 22, 2017

SoniaB, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Sounds like fun!
    A quiet one in France for us. No Scotland this year.
    We don't want to leave the puppy and he is too young to travel (no rabies vaccination yet).

7. The Joker Lollipop Dec 22, 2017

The Joker, Dec 22, 2017 :
    @Chris dB
    We are not living in the stone age .. that was a common time to get (sand)stoned :D

Sandstone is a great texture.. I vote for a OnePlus 6 with a coating of sandstone ™

Happy holiday greetings back..

8. FlixbusLennart Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

9. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Dec 22, 2017

Gaston NP, Dec 22, 2017 :
    It's wonderful Christmas in France! :D:D but far from his family it is not always easy, I can understand.

Joyeux Noël à tous.
    Merry Christmas to everyone.

superplus, script, ChrisTerp and 2 others like this.
  10. FlixbusLennart Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

FlixbusLennart, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Edit: That double post wasn't supposed to happen... Double the Christmas feelings though ^^

script, ChrisTerp and SoniaB like this.
  11. Lancelot_69 KitKat Dec 22, 2017

ChrisTerp, Themurtuza and SoniaB like this.
  12. Themurtuza Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2017

Themurtuza, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Merry Christmas & wishing best of festive season happiness. To OnePlus & my fellow community members.
    Keep your chimneys clean, santa is coming to deliver happiness.
    [e]1f385[/e][e]1f385[/e][e]1f381[/e][e]1f381[/e][e]1f384[/e][e]1f384[/e]

SoniaB likes this.
  13. Mr. BG Lollipop Dec 22, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  14. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 22, 2017

youbi, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Merry Christmas. Have fun in Taiwan. :)

Also merry Christmas to all community.

script, ChrisTerp, Themurtuza and 2 others like this.
  15. talluri Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

ChrisTerp and SoniaB like this.
  16. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 22, 2017

script, ChrisTerp and SoniaB like this.
  17. meatandy Nougat Dec 22, 2017

meatandy, Dec 22, 2017 :
    Merry Christmas @everyone

No breaks here Chris , at least not until next year

See you next week.

script, ChrisTerp and Cheetosdust like this.
  18. MasterSwami Honeycomb Dec 22, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  19. G_plusone KitKat Dec 22, 2017

Android450 likes this.
  20. RamboH Honeycomb Dec 22, 2017

RamboH, Dec 22, 2017 :
    I will celebrate if company out Updates for OP2
    its running on 2015th Android M, No Updates last 1 year .
    3300mah battery dari in 2 hr WT*** ?

#Nerve buy any product from this worst company
    enough