Week 217: We take Emily Ratajkowski out to dinner, show our soft side, and get ready to listen.

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Feb 9, 2018

Ruby G., Feb 9, 2018 :
    forum-big (1).png

Hello friends,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm! We've been battling a strong winter chill here at the office. Thankfully we had the Lava Red release to heat things up, as well as a few other fun things for our community to keep us on our toes.

My, what a red phone you have
    Do you believe in love at first sight? Counting the number of heart-eye emoji tweets we got this past week, I think many of us do. We launched the OnePlus 5T Lava Red with some help from the lovely Emily Ratajkowski and appreciated all the love we got in return. In case you missed it, here’s the little skit she filmed with us:

If you’d like to treat yourself or your boo to this limited edition, feel free to check out our Valentine's day offers here.

Get lucky this Valentine's Day
    We have a lot of closeted romantics in our community. Behind the cynicism and the memes, we secretly appreciate a good rom-com (“Some Kind of Wonderful” + a bowl of Cherry Garcia = my love language) or seeing our friends get married to someone amazing. That’s why @Crystal Z. and the crew put together a nice Valentine’s Day contest, to give you a chance to show that other side of you. Spread the happy feelings with your best memory/poem, and you might just win our latest release! I also suggest keeping an eye on our social media channels next week for another fun thing :wink:

We're all ears – Part II
    Relationships aren’t just about the grand gestures and gifts. To keep a relationship happy and healthy, you need to actively listen and try your best to meet your SO’s needs. That basically sums up why our first Open Ears Forum was such a fruitful experience: you gave us constructive feedback, we made commitments to address those needs. In a few weeks, we’ll host an Open Ears Forum for our camera development in Germany. Friends in EU, we’re sponsoring travel costs for a lucky few. If you’re free on March 3, get the details on how to join here.

Well, that’s about it from me. Enjoy your weekend everyone! I am gearing up for a short escape next week to the Netherlands, so I am pretty excited (read: daydreaming of crisp gouda sandwiches and snowy landscapes). Dutch friends, if you have suggestions for places to eat in Amsterdam and Maastricht, I'd love to hear them!

2. luxuskamel KitKat Feb 9, 2018

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Feb 9, 2018

Cheetosdust, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Hello, @Ruby G.

as usual, thanks for the update. I hope this gets the attention of the good people around here to apply to the Open Forum. And also to get some more romantic stories.

Have an awesome weekend and a safe trip to Netherlands. I'm sure you are going to love Amsterdam, one of my cities to visit. :)

leomeu, cikeZ00, pa5t1s and 9 others like this.
  4. WilfredParmar Honeycomb Feb 9, 2018

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  5. luxuskamel KitKat Feb 9, 2018

cikeZ00, Dhruvit Jain, script and 6 others like this.
  6. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Feb 9, 2018

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Feb 9, 2018 :
    For a small bite in Amsterdam you can go to Jackets ("Dutch cuisine for tourists"). Cannibale Royale/ Carbon /Loetje for the meatlovers. Dum Dum Palace for a restaurant with Asian flavours. Bierfabriek if you want beer with food in a crowded place. Vegan Junk Food bar or Dutch Weed Burger for veggies. All low-to-mid entry. PM me if you need more of my random thoughts. lmao

Also PM me if you take Emily with you

pa5t1s, Praty_28, script and 9 others like this.
  7. luxuskamel KitKat Feb 9, 2018

luxuskamel, Feb 9, 2018 :

8. Yashshah_36 Honeycomb Feb 9, 2018

Yashshah_36, Feb 9, 2018 :
    wowow. waiting for the camera improvement though. hope the committee comes up with solutions to improve the camera quality.

leomeu and E1513781330313 like this.
  9. izzykasha KitKat Feb 9, 2018

izzykasha, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Be nice to have a final update on the credit card fraud, the questions answered on the MKEY post which Soniab collated but hey let's do the weekly glossing over of issues and move on without another word.

SimonRam and G_plusone like this.
  10. eye842 KitKat Feb 9, 2018

Ruby G., pa5t1s, superplus and 2 others like this.
  11. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Feb 9, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Feb 9, 2018 :
    @Ruby G.
    Thanks for another great update!
    Hope to see you post there too :D :innocent:

Hope the Open Ears Forum goes well for everyone!
    Enjoy your stay at the Netherlands! Have a safe trip! :)

Ruby G., pa5t1s, eye842 and 2 others like this.
  12. Almin11 Cupcake Feb 9, 2018

Almin11, Feb 9, 2018 :
    amazing

13. KnightinKat Honeycomb Feb 9, 2018

KnightinKat, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Isn't it great to have someone personally using an iPhone as a daily driver be an ambassador to red Oneplus ;-)

Q1514787840994 likes this.
  14. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Feb 9, 2018

15. kumaryashwin Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2018

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  16. Ceasedd Marshmallow Feb 9, 2018

Ceasedd, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Uh oh! She's hot!

pa5t1s likes this.
  17. AqeebMohammed Honeycomb Feb 9, 2018

18. meatandy Nougat Feb 9, 2018

meatandy, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Thanks for the update Ruby.

Why didn't you mention the attempted trolling and arithmetic fail by Honor on Twitter? :p

idkwhoiam322 and pa5t1s like this.
  19. tariqueop5 Cupcake Feb 9, 2018

20. G_plusone Lollipop Feb 9, 2018

G_plusone, Feb 9, 2018 :
    Most models don't use what they advertise, unless maybe if there is a contractual obligation to do so or some rare cases they like the product they advertise

pa5t1s and Praty_28 like this.