Week 236: We get shook by the big game in Russia, hear Shivang's thoughts, and give stock updates

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2018

David Y. , Jun 22, 2018 :
    236.png

Hello everyone,

It’s time for another weekly update! How was your week? Ours was great so far. Every Friday, we have a special afternoon-tea as a team, a sweet way to end each week. In the same way, it's nice to end each week together with this community update. Let's get started!

Hottest Russia summer!

It has been a week since the World Cup started in Russia, are you enjoying the feast? How has your favorite team or player played so far? It seems like the top scorer so far is a guy called “OWN GOAL” lol. (better watch out and good luck everyone...) Feel free to share how you feel about everything related to the game [HERE]. Predictions are welcome! Thanks to @izzykasha for creating this discussion thread. Have fun while the whistle is on.

What does this OnePlus Community mean for me?

One of our friends @Shivang Joshi shared his thoughts about our community [HERE]. Lucky me, I was able to catch this touching thread on the forums. Thank you mate - we are looking forward to more posts that make us laugh and cry.

Bullets Wireless, out of stock.

The bullets wireless went out of stock in minutes after we restocked it this week. Feedback regarding stock have been pouring out since then. We hear you. After confirming with e-commerce team, we're happy to let you guys know that select quantities will be available on July 10th for Europe and North America. Mark your calendar if you're ready to go for it!

ARCore on the way.

Yes, let’s shed some light about the ARCore since it's one of the hottest product topics of this past week. Our software team has been working on this software development kit over the past few months. More OnePlus devices will get support officially. Can't wait to share more good news with you guys later. So, stay tuned!

Alright, hope this is a nice wrap up for your week. Thanks for reading. A beautiful weekend is ahead, so do cherish it. We will see you all next week.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018

2. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

3. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jun 22, 2018

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018

4. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Thanks @David Y.

The thread about the World Cup is awesome, even better than Portugal's match against Morocco. ;)

Go Portugal, obviously :p

(thanks for all the work with the predictions @izzykasha! :))

This! This right here makes me so so so happy. So deserved!!! Congratulations, @Shivang Joshi, you beautiful chameleon!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

5. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Would it be possible without the awesome members and amazing staff here? Nope. So, thaaanks to every single one of you :)

Youu too :)

Also, everyone else have a great weekend ahead ;)

6. Moin2200
    KitKat Jun 22, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Alvie, Dresa91 and 6 others like this.
  7. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 22, 2018

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 22, 2018

9. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

10. Mjo
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

11. PradyumnaB
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2018

12. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 22, 2018

keithnyc , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Wow, Thank you Alain. That is one pic i don't think i have in my collection. Wow, 76? She just joined the Runaways them.... I didn't even think she was in NYC at that time. I. Housing this w more like 82 or 83. Hope you have a nice weekend planned?

13. NovinDavis
    KitKat Jun 22, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dresa91, Mjo and 4 others like this.
  14. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 22, 2018

keithnyc , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Thank you David.... I for one am one of those eagerly awaiting for July 10 in NYC!

15. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

pa5t1s , Jun 22, 2018 :
    You're welcome!
    Sure, nice weekend ahead! sun means work in the garden and in the house (you know, all the things you have to sort and put away once in a year...)

16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

17. Dresa91
    Android Q Jun 22, 2018

woSch, idkwhoiam322, pa5t1s and 5 others like this.
  18. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 22, 2018

David Y. , Jun 22, 2018 :
    I knew about football when I was at the primary school in 2002. Every boy in our class named themselves a football star's name when we played football after school. They named me Raul lol because I ran fast and scored a lot, also Real Madrid is the most famous football club at that time, so naturally I became a fan of RM, 16 years passed, I still missed those childhood memories when I watch RM's game. I support every player from RM FC, and some phenomenal players from other clubs too.

19. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 22, 2018

OALEXANDER , Jun 22, 2018 :
    You are featured.Grats mate.

idkwhoiam322, pa5t1s, script and 6 others like this.
  20. Hokuto no Ken
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2018

Hokuto no Ken , Jun 22, 2018 :
    For those who are interested, apparently in addition to OnePlus 5T, ARCore works fine on OnePlus 6 as well (It’s Google’s augmented reality platform). I tried installing the ARCore APK and the APK of app Just a Line and the app works perfectly.

As the ARCore is not yet officially supported for OnePlus 6 it is not yet possible to install the ARCore apps from the Play Store directly, but it is possible to download the APK from other sources and install it ( on your own risk of course).

Here is the URL where I first read the news and where latest version of ARCore can be downloaded:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6-supports-google-arcore/amp

pa5t1s likes this.