Week 245: We welcome new friends from Sweden, great articles and closed beta tester applications.

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Aug 24, 2018

David Y. , Aug 24, 2018 :
    forum-big.png

Hey everyone,

Woohoo finally it’s Friday! Time to do a little recap. This week we had 16 friends from Sweden who came by our office as part of the 'Explore China' program. They talked with some of our team to learn about the innovation and start-up culture in the fast-paced city of Shenzhen.

Earlier this week, @Ruby G. shared a behind the scenes interview with Giacomo (aka @EXIV) who filmed our student video using the OnePlus 6. He shared about his passion, how he approaches his craft, and his story with OnePlus. We connected with Giacomo through the community about four years ago, and since then he has made all kinds of videos with us. I think our latest video with Giacomo was quite fun, and a little bit mischievous.

Like Giacomo, there are many talented users are hidden inside our community. That’s why we host opportunities for you all to show off your talents like “Let’s Talk” and “Shot on OnePlus.” A big shout out to @NeVeR_SeTTLe and @Louioo , who together designed a beautiful E-book inspired by some of the let’s talk responses. Strongly recommend everyone to check THAT out!

Alongside with so many great articles to read, @NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams also came out with another fun interview too. Read it to know more about @Crystal Z. Meanwhile @NeVeR_SeTTLe is hosting a fun contest to give away some free OnePlus 6 cases. Don’t forget to join and see the comics that everyone has made so far.

Software wise, OxygenOS 5.1.5 OTA for the OnePlus 5 & 5T with the latest security patch update, has been rolled out this week. @Manu J. , our beta program project manager, is asking our community members who love exploring new things to join our Closed Beta Program. Kindly check here for more info.

Alright that’s all for this week. Thanks for reading, and hope you have sweet weekend memories ahead. See you next week when I update everyone about Pie.

2. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 24, 2018

keithnyc , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Nice! Thanks mate.. Looking forward to a nice slice of Pie. Have a great weekend, everyone.

3. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2018

lakshaykapoor99 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    That's great! One little thing though, if you had mentioned the treble part in the changelog, you might've managed to save the community from a lot of pointless threads.

4. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Aug 24, 2018

Plenkske, Ruby G., Damonp87 and 6 others like this.
  5. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 24, 2018

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Aug 24, 2018

Cheetosdust , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Hello David,

thank you for the update, it was indeed a week full of awesome threads on the forums. Really awesome content :)

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy it! :cool:

Hehe, hope you can hold that nice slice of Pie ;)

7. Virgiel
    Froyo Aug 24, 2018

8. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Aug 24, 2018 :
    I think this related to that, no?

Oh nice, have fun! I'll be watching it on TV. Love Eau Rouge :)

9. E380813
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2018

E380813 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Glad to Hear you are having such work culture of cross border visits to understand the innovative ways of working and meet the brains behind OnePlus brand. looking forward to have a Pie soon :)

Vladut123 and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  10. DeluxeNoone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2018

Vladut123, NeVeR_SeTTLe and artfors like this.
  11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 24, 2018

dsmonteiro , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Ever considered doing the opposite?
    Taking all that knowledge and make a trip across the world to share it? Going to Shenzhen is a bit hard (though trips are quite cheaper than I expected), but I wouldn't mind hearing your experience of you came to the EU to share it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018

Ruby G., Damonp87, deep0611 and 6 others like this.
  12. Shivang Joshi

13. script
    Nougat Moderator Aug 24, 2018

script , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Thx David for the weekly, and thx for all the things that get shared. A true community passion.

Have a good WE everybody

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Aug 24, 2018

15. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 24, 2018

Moin2200 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Thanks for the update! Guess there still a week untill pie.

So difficult holding out since I'm been spoiled by beta 3.

16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Aug 24, 2018

theshinybeast , Aug 24, 2018 :
    A nono that one.
    "Quite a bit" or "a lot" would be better.
    Sorry, I'm in training for September.:rolleyes:

17. NovinDavis
    KitKat Aug 24, 2018

18. srinivas0301

srinivas0301 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Hard time coming up to OP near future ,As in the form of competitors and loosing users . Many of them are complaining about recent update and bugs and company took that for granted now it's hard time let's see how it performs for 6T. Marking these kind of posts is no way beneficial for the users like me or atleast I have to use my phone as daily driver with peace of mind and not with flickering display ,WiFi issues n network issues .Have a look at it David .Happy weekend n cheers !!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 24, 2018

dsmonteiro , Aug 24, 2018 :
    @David Y. is not a developer. It's not his job to solve the software issues you're referring to. His presence here or this thread have no impact on software development.

20. srinivas0301

srinivas0301 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    U guys are here to help fellow community members n set the community in peace ,u guys will make threads that will directly reach to Carl and he will start answering and there is no second way to reach the Rom team directly other than mails in which they never revert to user .How fair is this ?