Week 252: OnePlus 6T is coming, Community App Update and More

1. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Oct 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM

David Y., Oct 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum.jpg

Hi friends,

It’s been another exciting pre-launch week at the office. Here’s a recap of some of the highlights of this week. I also am pleased to share some great news with you.

Unlock the Speed on October 30
    Early this week we shared the news that the OnePlus 6T will be officially launched on October 30 in New York and New Delhi. It will be our largest launch event ever and we look forward to meeting everyone there, together to revealing our latest Screen Unlock feature and more. We just heard that the NYC launch event ticket has been sold out. Phew! To our NA and India friends who didn’t get tickets yet, you have until Monday to seize your chance in our win a trip contest [HERE]. Here’s one entry from our gifted community:

Video by @TheReaLoganH

Keep an eye to our Megathread which will be your source of everything about the launch event.

Best Hardware Award
    We got an exciting message from @Nigel Rijkhoek this week:
    “Last weekend we held a gaming event in NL and we won the best hardware award! Thanks to everyone who showed up and had fun with us. I also received help from our community. A big shout out to @Maximus Decimus Meridius who helped out to made it a successful event.”

Ask our Software Team: Part 2 - Bug Hunting
    “I spend my time ‘fighting’ with our R&D team on fixing user’s feedback. Busy but enjoyable.”
    “I’m a single lady from China.”
    Some funny responses from @Shine L. who leads our Bug Hunters. They are truly the unsung heroes, making OxygenOS better every day. Take a look at our latest thread in our “Ask our Software Team” series. Next up is @Jimmy Z. from our camera team.

An Old Friend on Board!
    We're always looking for ways to better listen to our community’s feedback and improve how we do things at OnePlus. To better serve this goal, we invited one of our old friends David aka @dsmonteiro on board as a community consultant. David landed on our HQ office this Monday and he will have a two-week stay to better get down to business. Feel free to ask him for all the interesting stories from his first trip in China!

Regional Forums Support & Community App Update
    Aiming to offer our community members better local support, this week we opened a tab on the community homepage (website) that will show up your region forum based on where you based, so that you won’t miss out all the exciting news around you.

Another good news is our Community App 2.2.1 has been officially rolled out! Thanks to all our beta testers for their support, especially @Bouncer71. Now we are working on a systematic feedback feature which will have bug reports and idea suggestions for the next update, also some bug fixes. As for our latest version, please download it via Google Play Store [HERE] and support us by rating the app.

Alright, that all for now. @Crystal Z. and @Chris dB will share two nice threads later today. Stay tuned and everyone has a nice weekend.

Cheers!

2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Cheetosdust, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM :
    Thank you for the update, @David Y.

Huuuuuuuuuge congratulations! Really happy for you @dsmonteiro :)

Haha, the new profile pic makes more sense now! Paaaaarty!!! :cool:

Alvie, iNtEnSePL, Salt505 and 21 others like this.
  3. GopalB. Marshmallow Oct 12, 2018 at 12:28 PM

GopalB., Oct 12, 2018 at 12:28 PM :
    We knew something was up with @dsmonteiro...
    Congrats man... :D

Have a great weekend everyone... ;)

4. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM

5. GopalB. Marshmallow Oct 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM

GopalB., Oct 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM :
    That admin incident was not a mistake... ;)

6. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM

7. gaster KitKat Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM

gaster, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM :
    Thanks for this amazing update David. Can't wait for the launch finally! And once again gratz to the David M. Sounds so great, I am jealous :oops:

8. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM

youbi, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM :
    The "T" day is coming.

[​IMG]

Glad that the best signing of the smartphone league is out. I hope you score many goals on your first season. :p

1 - So whats the best thing you have eaten so far there?

2 - So the "Chinese food" we heat here in Portugal as always been a lie?

3 - What does Oporto and Shenzhen have in common? :sweatsmile:

4 - How will you make Oneplus great again? :D ;)

9. varma246 KitKat Oct 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM

10. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:48 PM

SoniaB, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:48 PM :
    Yay! David can be the new Queen BEE of OnePlus!

2nd try.jpg

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Cheetosdust, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM :
    "Right Click - Save As"

Ohhhhh, it is saved - thank you, thank you so so much, Sonia!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

12. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM

dsmonteiro, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM :
    Xie xie, I mean, thanks! :sweatsmile:

To be honest, I haven't trolled in a while. Starting Point has actually been a learning process for me...

I need @Ruby G.'s help on that because she's my food mentor. I loved that thing with the thing, though... :sweatsmile:

Pretty much. I asked if fried ice-cream was a thing here. It's not.

They both have subways. But Shenzhen's subways transports half Portugal's population. Every. Single. Day.

Isn't it great already? :p
    Seriously though, there's lots of talented people here trying to make OnePlus the greatest it can be, I just hope to help by giving my small contribute to that, mainly in the Community side of things.

13. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 12, 2018 at 12:52 PM

youbi, Bobbie63, Bouncer71 and 13 others like this.
  14. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM

youbi, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM :
    So I have been told a lie all this years?!? :eek:

[​IMG]

That must be fun thing to see.

Totally true, I've had the pleasure of meeting severral of them and it really seems Oneplus is great on picking great talents and really nice people. :)

15. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Moin2200, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM :
    Huge congrats dude!

16. Tobikage Marshmallow Oct 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM

17. MobileTechMatters Gingerbread Oct 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM

18. thegreatv Gingerbread Oct 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM

19. otto2 KitKat Oct 12, 2018 at 1:27 PM

otto2, Oct 12, 2018 at 1:27 PM :
    Congratulations, have a great time in China, you re the right man for this Job. Let s make Oneplus getting the best community driven company ever.

woSch, Bobbie63, Bouncer71 and 15 others like this.
  20. luigimario Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM

luigimario, Oct 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM :
    That's what his second secret account is for ;)
    OMG! That is more horrifying than the original, yet I can't look away!! Amazing job there Sonia!

And congratulations @dsmonteiro! How's the China treating you? You pick up and Mandarin/Cantonese yet?