Week 254: We run full speed toward launch.

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Oct 26, 2018

Ruby G. , Oct 26, 2018 :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hello friends,

It feels like so much has happened in the past week. For one thing, a lot of us have jumped time zones in our flights for launch. But also, there have been so many changes and exciting news. And the OnePlus 6T launches on Monday! Now that I’ve gotten our adrenaline rushing, let’s dive right in.

When Pete shared why we adjusted the NYC launch date last weekend, we were holding our breath. Unsure how the world would react to our candor. And we were incredibly touched by all of your support for this hard decision. We’re hosting a limited drop to sell more tickets for the NYC launch, so seize your chance to meet us in New York if you haven’t already.

We also started talking about our strides toward 5G. Read more about our research efforts with Qualcomm and get ready for when we’re the first tweet via 5G

Need even more pre-launch excitement in your life? Join our behind the scenes countdown! My favorite so far is when David and I got our first selfie with Pete while we were waiting for our flight. And @Crystal Z. who will head to India tomorrow, will have even more stories soon.

Speaking of stories. @Trista W. recently extended the Explorer Backpack contest. We invite you to share those fond backpack memories and to browse through some truly beautiful product photography from our community members. Crystal was very inspired and made an entry herself, using our lovely bug hunter @Shine L. as her model:

1540280543665.jpg

Don’t worry, staff can’t win contests. Even after we retire.

Quote of the week
    @Manu J.:
    “There’s a lot of Indians living over here. I’ll take you to a dosa place.”
    Ruby: “You owe me about 5 or 6 dosas by now. Don’t worry, I can only eat one.”
    Manu: “I’m glad.”

Backstory - sometimes I help Manu with last minute proofreading for his software posts and he always says he’ll treat me to dosas next time I’m in India (my love for Indian food is no secret among the global OnePlus team XD). And then we both happen to be assigned the NYC launch! Time to collect the debts muahaha.

Tech picks of the week
    Some points of interest in the tech news landscape:
    • Some fun non-innovation innovations have been catching the headlines recently: use Snapchat filters on your webcam (didn’t Google Hangout have this ages ago?) and add music to your Facebook profile (a la our Myspace golden days).
    • Who beat Uber to be the world’s most valuable private startup by a cool 3 billion dollars? Bytedance, creator of catchy AI-powered content and video sharing apps in China.
    • 5G is not only coming to OnePlus. It’ll change your driving experience too.
    See you all soon for launch! These are exciting days. What are you looking forward to these days? Let me know in the comments and we'll celebrate together :)

2. Android450
    Marshmallow Oct 26, 2018

3. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Oct 27, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Oct 27, 2018 :
    LMAO
    A long but super exciting week ahead, enjoy it, you guys!

4. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Oct 27, 2018

5. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 27, 2018

G_plusone , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Even if they leave?
    @Adam Krisko

Full speed ahead.
    Choo! Choo!

luxuskamel, Artemus., Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  6. NovinDavis
    KitKat Oct 27, 2018

NovinDavis , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Yeaaahhhh Dosa!!!. Well i am sure its a busy schedule out there in HQ

Waiting for the Livestream in 2/3 Days :D

7. Young_Blood
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2018

8. script
    Moderator Moderator Oct 27, 2018

script , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Thx Ruby David Trista Pete and all. I wish I was in NYC. Have you already been at @keithnyc 's? I heard it's a decent place for some red and white wine extravaganza.

Have a good time, go to studio 54, and have a blast on Monday.

Good WE to all

luxuskamel, G_plusone, Baymax and 7 others like this.
  9. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 27, 2018

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Oct 27, 2018

Dresa91 , Oct 27, 2018 :
    @Ruby G. thanks for this new week :)
    Hope you are all have fun on Monday :)
    we are all excited :)
    Have a great weekend everyone:)

Launch and my birthday on one the same day: this is great :)

11. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 27, 2018

Adam Krisko , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Oh, that's no fun... Guess there is no reason to interact here much anymore for me. :(

Plenkske, luxuskamel, jpswer and 9 others like this.
  12. Nivas K
    Froyo Oct 27, 2018

13. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 27, 2018

the_o2 , Oct 27, 2018 :
    That's bad, isn't it ;):rolleyes:

14. Mukesh321
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2018

Mukesh321 , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Can't wait for The Lunch Event to Unlock The Speed still waiting [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] . How to fast forward this 2 day

G_plusone likes this.
  15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Oct 27, 2018

Dresa91 , Oct 27, 2018 :
    enjoy your lunch :)

16. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 27, 2018

Baymax , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Great recap!

See you in NY!

17. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2018

YASHPLUSONE , Oct 27, 2018 :
    well Bangalore is a go to place for dosas, let me know if you dropping by @Ruby G. I would love to host you with the most delicious and mouth watering dosas in town. maybe we can vlog and post it on the forums for the members to see water dripping from their mouths!
    @Manu J. the dosa is on me [e]1f602[/e]
    I have relieved you of all your debts[e]1f609[/e](provided @Ruby G. drops by Bangalore [e]1f602[/e])

Ruby G., G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  18. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 27, 2018

youbi , Oct 27, 2018 :
    [​IMG]

19. Arrakis_Surfer
    Donut Oct 27, 2018

Arrakis_Surfer , Oct 27, 2018 :
    This is my first post here in the forums. I have been following along as I highly anticipate the launch. I am a life-long Apple user taking the leap and I have to say that this community is simply heart warming. I am never going back!

20. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 27, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Hey @Manu J. what are you going to get me from NY?