Week 259: We delight you with goodies, revel in the madness and tease a new collaboration

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Nov 30, 2018

Ruby G., Nov 30, 2018 :
    forum-big (1).png

Hello friends,

Cyber Monday kicked off this week with a new record in the US: $7.9 Billion. The following day, $125 million was raised for charity via #GivingTuesday on Facebook. If your jaws haven’t dropped yet, China’s Double Eleven raked in a cool $30.69 billion via Alibaba this year.

In other words, many packages have been whizzing through the mail recently, with a fair number from us! We’ve enjoyed seeing the fun everyone’s been having, unboxing and showing off their OnePlus goodies. Take a look at some stellar unboxing videos from the winners of the #SilentUnboxing Challenge, featured in the OnePlus 6T Community Megamix:

The OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple is selling out quickly in some regions, but the fun doesn’t stop there. You may have already heard about our mysterious collab with McLaren.

If you’d like to learn more, check out the beautiful partnership page and @Pete’s thoughts. Let him know in the comments what you think and that a certain member of the community team would love to be surprised with a tax-free McLaren 570GT as her Christmas bonus.

This week, we released a few things you’ve been eagerly awaiting: the 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector is out for the OnePlus 6T, a new OTA for the OnePlus 3 & 3T and oh, that pin set you all have been asking for? It’s now available through raffles.

We’ve also added a few more ways to get involved. A nifty checklist to make sure you didn’t miss anything:
    OnePlus users are often excellent knowledge-sharers, eager to help each other learn and make the world a better place. This week, we’d like to recognize @NeVeR_SeTTLe for his comprehensive beginner’s photo-editing guide and @Bouncer71 for his excellent tutorial on Focus Stacking. You and so many others help our photography section burst with good vibes and inspiration.

@BobbyV8_ has started an exciting mission to save the world in this week’s Weekend Fun Time. (If you’re ever struck with a fun activity idea, PM me. I'd love to see how I can help.) @Trista W. has also set up a funny photo challenge based on #fallingstars. It's an excellent chance to get your hands on an Explorer backpack invite.

Quote of the week
    Tis the season when holiday gift guides start popping up. I thought it would be fun to ask some of the team what’s at the top of their tech wish list.
    • “For my tech wish list, I'd to like to add to my vinyl collection. It’s nice to do analog tech sometimes. For non-tech, I'd like more quality time with family and friends since I've been travelling a lot.” - @Carl
    • Wacom Cintiq Pro 32, because after trying my girlfriend's Cintiq I'm convinced this might inspire me to draw more frequently." - @Chris dB
    • "A donation to Wikipedia is welcome, I use it everyday" - @Kyle K. (awww)
    • "Tech wish list as in a tech gadget I want to buy or a tech I wish would become a reality? Ho ok. The new iPad Pro. [money with wings emoji] " - @Manu J.
    What’s at the top of your tech wish list? I’m asking Tech Santa to bring me a voucher for the Oculus Quest – would love to get my hands on that beauty when it arrives next spring.

Tech picks of the week
    A nourishing selection of brain food to feed your intellect:
    That’s all from me for now. Enjoy your weekend, remember to de-screen, and cherish the sunlight before the full force of winter descends upon us.

tema84, pikota, Eric Gass and 64 others like this.
  2. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Nov 30, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y., Nov 30, 2018 :
    To those who want to know how the Pie goes, as I said last week, Patience and love are all we need at this stage.

The HydrogenOS flavor Pie which released yesterday doesn't have to go thru Google CTS, that's why it was rolled out earlier than OxygenOS.

Go and have a nice weekend, friends.

3. luxuskamel KitKat Nov 30, 2018

luxuskamel, Nov 30, 2018 :
    This is me.... I guess

And thanks for the update :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018

cdnfarmer, otto2, G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  4. B_Wrath KitKat Nov 30, 2018

B_Wrath, Nov 30, 2018 :
    You definitely deserve that:):p
    A great weekly update! Thanks!

5. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 30, 2018

Bouncer71, Alvie, otto2 and 4 others like this.
  6. Dresa91 Oreo Nov 30, 2018

7. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 30, 2018

GopalB., Nov 30, 2018 :
    That was a huge update... :eek:
    So much happened in this week!!!

Have a nice week everyone... ;)

8. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2018

lgdbaets, Huuhaah, Alvie and 11 others like this.
  9. G_plusone Lollipop Nov 30, 2018

10. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Nov 30, 2018 :
    hey! @Ruby G. that was a great way to sum up the week I'm sure you left no stone unturned, you included everything around the world, from the moon and back![e]1f609[/e]
    great weekly update keep em' coming. I hope we continue seeing more weekly updates from you.
    regards
    [e]1f60a[/e]

Bouncer71, Alvie, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  11. G_Viru Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2018

lgdbaets, Joey463, G_plusone and 7 others like this.
  12. Gian P. Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

13. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Nov 30, 2018

Cheetosdust, Nov 30, 2018 :
    Heeeeloo @Ruby G.

welcome back to the Weekly, it's great to see the quotes and the tech picks ;)

Awesome as always, wishing you, the staff members and everyone on the forums a great weekend, have fun :cool:

I bet it feels great to just relax, plug-in your headphones :rolleyes: and listen to those sweet sweet records.

Here's a recommendation for you, Carl, it's a Greatest Hits vinyl from a little indie band called "Bee-man".

They produced three albums, before splitting up in 2001. "Honey, I'm home", "Amber as honey" and my favorite, "Bee, Bop, Bzz".

The Greatest Hits, I believe, is composed by 10 tracks, and a bonus one.
    1. Beeeeeeeee
    2. Sweet
    3. I'm attracted to your pollen
    4. Yo, yay, a bee is on the way
    5. A stinger in you
    6. Fly, but not when it's raining
    7. Me, the One, Plus One
    8. My outfit, my beautiful shining outfit
    9. Bzzzing around you
    10. Stalked by a ninja
    Bonus: I'm so excited and I just can't honey it - a tribute to The Pointer Sisters

superplus, Bouncer71, Alvie and 10 others like this.
  14. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Nov 30, 2018 :
    "that a certain member of the community team would love to be surprised with a tax-free McLaren 570GT as her Christmas bonus "

~ @Ruby G.

can I have it [e]1f609[/e]
    oh wait it's just "TAX-FREE"
    it's okay I'm good! [e]1f602[/e]

15. SandeepNaik091 Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

16. Estate72 Eclair Nov 30, 2018

Estate72, Nov 30, 2018 :
    more than OneMonth since last 5t update and till no news in the weekly 259 for pie update?????
    why..? what about Never settler?
    I was thinking differently about op... at least,said something also if is not so good news but, I prefer to know about development and reason for delay, even just to keep users participating! really disappointed for my first experience with oneplus...

17. Austin72 Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

18. Dresa91 Oreo Nov 30, 2018

Dresa91, Nov 30, 2018 :
    Could you all please stop spamming?
    What is so special about Pie?
    There's no point in spamming the forum with it. That doesn't help, it might just delay it.
    I'll tell you one thing: you're the first to cry because there's something wrong with the update, battery drain, or something like that. Why don't you wait and give the dev team enough time?

19. LucaF81 Froyo Nov 30, 2018

G_plusone likes this.
  20. Austin72 Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

Austin72, Nov 30, 2018 :
    Love the censorship, OnePlus. Keep deleting my posts. It won't help your public image.
    We are still waiting on pie and you can't even give any news on it?

One question:
    Why?

21. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Nov 30, 2018

Ruby G., Nov 30, 2018 :
    Darn it, I tried to ninja in an edit to Carl's quote (per his request, I had transcribed too literally) but you were fast and quoted the original.

Also, I'm feeling jealous. Obviously you love Carl more than me. I got a 75-character personal shoutout but you devoted 728 characters of creative genius to him. :p

Bouncer71, G_plusone, Alvie and 8 others like this.